Smell coming from microwave !

fkts, Jun 27, 10:54am
Daughter put a frozen microwave sausage roll in the microwave last night and left it in there cooking for 10+ minutes, the thing exploded and by the time I went to investigate the smell.....well the kitchen was completely smoked out and it the microwave had a yellow splatter throughout. I had to open the entire house up for over an hour, anyway I walked into the kitchen this morning and the smell is still overwealming and after thoroughly scrubbing the microwave the smell is still pungent, any ideas on how to get rid the smell?

beaker59, Jun 27, 3:49pm
Daughter did the same here a few years ago sorry bad news is we never really solved the staining etc the smell got less and less but still got a wiff of it every now and then got a new micro when we put in the new kitchen so no smell now.

tarankyle, Jun 27, 9:49pm
place a cup with water in it & add a bit of vanilla essence, set microwave on for about 5min or so. This may help to get rid of the smell

cookessentials, Jun 27, 9:58pm
You could use baking soda in water...enough to make a paste and wipe over the inside of the microwave ( baking soda is very good for absorbing smells) Leave it for an hour or so, or even overnight ( with microwave switched off) and wipe out with a sponge and fresh warm water,rinsing the cloth well between each wipe.

sue1955, Jun 27, 10:40pm
I cooked a bread roll for 10mins once & got smoke & that burnt toast smell. I had to wash my hair & change my clothes as I was about to go out to an appointment. I left a container of baking soda in there for 3 days which did the trick.