Edmonds cookbook "cupcakes"

mycd123, Mar 12, 6:00am
hi there,

can someone please post the "cupcake" recipe from Edmomds Cookery please? Its a real basic one... Thank you

mycd123, Mar 13, 5:59am
anybody...

carlos57, Mar 13, 6:18am
x3
Here it is. Cream 125g butter, 1 tsp vanilla essence, and 1/2 cup caster sugar until light and fluffy. Add 2 eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift 1 cup flour and 2 tsps baking powder together. Fold into creamed mixture. Stir in 1/4 cup milk. Place 12 paper patty cases in patty tins. Spoon mixture in evenly. Bake at 190 deg for 15 mins or until cakes spring back when lightly touched. Transfer to cooling rack. When cold, decorate.

There are a few variations - do you want them too?

debblesnz, Mar 14, 12:01am
I love that recipe!

Cupcakes always turn out light and spongy like :D

mycd123, Mar 14, 3:23am
x1
thanks carlos57 for posting... if you could also post the variations, i'd love to try them out too... .

carlos57, Mar 14, 5:27am
Here are the variations. Butterfly Cakes - Cut a slice from the top of each. Cut this in half. Place a tspful of butter filling or whipped cream in each cavity. Arrange wings on cakes. Dust with icing sugar.

Queen Cakes - Stir in 1/2 cup sultanas before adding milk.

Orange Cakes - Omit vanilla essence. Add 2 tsps grated orange rind. Ice with orange icing.

Chocolate Cakes - Omit 2 Tbspns flour. Replace with 2 Tbspns cocoa. Ice with chocolate icing.

guest, Mar 12, 12:18am
thank you for the recipe i have been trying to find it for ages other recipes are good im sure but have had heaps of good feedback from this one though

kfn, Apr 2, 4:31am
this is a great recipe! thanks for posting it - i cannot find my edmonds cookbook anywhere so your post was a big help!

guest, May 10, 7:27am
ohhmygoshhh finally i found this recipe, its my favourite i always make mock cream icing and put lots of food colouring in the mix to make them rainbow, i lost my cookbook and havent been able to make these in like 2 weeks!! O:

guest, Jul 18, 4:05am
My son wants mini Banana cup cakes, can any one please tell me what would I need to omit or add?

guest, Feb 11, 3:05am
My nana taught me how to make these in the 60s, the queen cakes, we used to decorate with pink icing and a half a cherry on top..oh my and now i am teaching my little granddaughter how to make them...My nan was the best cook ever!