What to put in a pork cassorole please???

seez1, Mar 27, 9:33pm
I have heap of cooked pork thought id pop it in slowcooker with onions,apples, carrots etc what would you put as a base and to thicken it up? tinned tomatoes? sourcream? chic stock? (not sweet and sour)

korbo, Mar 27, 9:34pm
no, no not tinned tomatoes....soya sauce, bit of red wine, just about anything, what you stated would be fine...sometimes hard to thicken in the crockpot. good luck

seez1, Mar 27, 9:36pm
ha ok! so i put water in it then?

geldof, Mar 27, 9:37pm
? chicken stock and a little curry powder or smoked paprika.
could add rice to thicken.
not a big user of crockpot, so more thinking of flavours.

mouse_y, Mar 27, 9:38pm
heres the tip !

1 can of freshup applejuice and lime - delicio !

seez1, Mar 27, 9:47pm
Cool had some lime/apple freshup too - DONE thanks guys!!

tigerlilly16, Mar 28, 12:38am
I do one with apple, onion, kumera and/or pumpkin, and lots of sage, I use chicken stock for the liquid, and once it's cooked I thicken with a table spoon of cornflour mixed with cold water then stirred trough and pot brought to the boil, depending on whether I used whole chops or cubed meat, I will remove the meat (if chops) before thickening.

fisher, Mar 28, 2:07am
tigerlilly16 is on to it... nice blend of flavours with herbs...

seez1, Mar 28, 9:33pm
I have heap of cooked pork thought id pop it in slowcooker with onions,apples, carrots etc what would you put as a base and to thicken it up! tinned tomatoes! sourcream! chic stock! (not sweet and sour)

korbo, Mar 28, 9:34pm
no, no not tinned tomatoes.soya sauce, bit of red wine, just about anything, what you stated would be fine.sometimes hard to thicken in the crockpot. good luck

seez1, Mar 28, 9:36pm
ha ok! so i put water in it then!

geldof, Mar 28, 9:37pm
! chicken stock and a little curry powder or smoked paprika.
could add rice to thicken.
not a big user of crockpot, so more thinking of flavours.

seez1, Mar 28, 9:47pm
Cool had some lime/apple freshup too - DONE thanks guys!

tigerlilly16, Mar 29, 12:38am
I do one with apple, onion, kumera and/or pumpkin, and lots of sage, I use chicken stock for the liquid, and once it's cooked I thicken with a table spoon of cornflour mixed with cold water then stirred trough and pot brought to the boil, depending on whether I used whole chops or cubed meat, I will remove the meat (if chops) before thickening.

fisher, Mar 29, 2:07am
tigerlilly16 is on to it. nice blend of flavours with herbs.