Porridge....so good, soooo good

Page 1 / 5
kiwi.adventures, Mar 10, 7:24am
Who else loves porridge?

How do you make it?

Do you only stir clockwise as per Scottish custom?

I LOVE porridge.

Its filling, it keeps me going all day, and its warm and satisfying.

I make mine with cut rolled oats, water and a pinch of salt (the most important aspect of porridge making! ) and heat in the microwave, and in 45 seconds, voila! Porridge.

Best thing is with water, its low in fat, calories, KJ or whatever you want to call it, its slow release so you can keep on going all day seriously!

I dont have any toppings, why do you need them when its soo good on its own? Maybe a little brown sugar if feeling like a sweet fix but usually I go survivor styles.

Sometimes I have it for dinner

kiwi.adventures, Mar 10, 7:27am
who?

cookessentials, Mar 10, 7:28am
I love it too. I always make with milk, i like it salty AND sweet, so add salt to my tatse. I simmer it with the lid on to make it very creamy and I like to serve with either brown sugar or a little golden syrup.

kiwi.adventures, Mar 10, 7:34am
yea for creamy porridge (which is THE BEST but not if you dont want the milk fat etc) milk is the way to go or a dollop of cream while doing it over a hot stove. Its SOOOO good on a winters day or even in summer believe it or not

kiwi.adventures, Mar 10, 7:44am
My mum makes the best porridge ive ever had, even better than what some scots make, but then again, she did make it creamy as given the amount of milk she made it with. Its AWESOME. I Love it since its so healthy and keeps you going for so long. Esp made with water its so low in fat and high in fibre that keeps you 'regular' and maintains that whole sense of sustained energy throughout the day.
I used to have a couple slices of toast at lunch for breakfast, now I have porridge and boy does it keep me going until dinner with no snacks even.

darlingmole, Mar 10, 7:49am
kiwi - so I take it you like porridge

kiwi.adventures, Mar 10, 7:54am
I LOVE porridge!

uli, Mar 10, 8:14am
YUCK!

Starchy carbs - good for nothing LOL :)

BUT DO enjoy them as long as it lasts :)

maximus44, Mar 10, 9:30am
I have just started having porridge for breakfast again. I make it with half water, half milk and salt. Boil well for about 5 mins. Eat with milk and brown sugar. Delicious. Even more delicious with cream on the odd occasions I have cream to put on it.

elliehen, Mar 10, 10:06am
kiwi. adventures... . just doing yet another bungee jump down into Recipes? Wish I could take you seriously... I would if you weren't a recidivist same-thread starter on several MBs...

elliehen, Mar 10, 10:17am
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages. asp
x? id=147985

x? id=139713

x? id=206116

nzhel, Mar 10, 10:32am
I like porridge too - always liked Creamoata the best - what on earth has happened to it? Has it been taken off the market?

darlingmole, Mar 10, 6:49pm
I like the "aroma" of cooked porridge but must admit it feels like it should be coming up the other way! (as in "chuck") think it's to do with it's texture

timetable, Mar 10, 7:04pm
just have to have it in the winter and cos we live it southland its perfect for sure lol! ! always make it those cold mornings - i do the half milk half water and do it in the micro and then oh the brown sugar and milk... . .

kiwi.adventures, Mar 10, 7:16pm
Whats your problem? So what? Up yours, Its a free message board, Ill post what the hell I like when I like thanks.

lucas08, Mar 10, 7:17pm
I love porridge but never get to make it, need quite a bit of time in the morning to make porridge to really sit down and enjoy it.

kiwi.adventures, Mar 10, 7:58pm
If you adhere to scottish custom, it only takes as long as it takes to set a table for one to make, and also it should be eaten standing up apparantly according to the HARD CORE

nfh1, Mar 10, 8:01pm
LOL - it seems the oddest thing to be obsessed about, but each to their own.

I have just finished my porridge, made with Soy Milk and an apple chopped in - very good it was too.

diz_fullah, Mar 10, 9:24pm
with cream and a s*$t load of brown sugar, oohh soo good, but real sick-ning. lol.

elliehen, Mar 10, 9:27pm
And I totally support your right to post repeatedly about porridge or any other obsession - couldn't help wondering whether you were bothering to return to read the answers to your many repetitious porridge questions ;)

flo16, Mar 10, 9:35pm
the best porridge ever is made in the crockpot yum

kiwi.adventures, Mar 11, 12:10am
crockpot porridge is GOOOOOD!

angie461, Mar 11, 3:40am
Can I get the crockpot method and recipe please, sounds devine.

245sam, Mar 11, 3:44am
angie461, have a look at:-

x? id=189663

susan21, Mar 11, 4:31am
Our household always cooks porridge in a pot, using water with no salt. And we add ahandful of saltanas. The boys wont have it any other way now. Oh and of course brown sugar and milk to serve.