Cheese cake thingies???

Page 1 / 2
mas45, Mar 10, 1:27am
Does anyone remember those little cakes cooked in muffin tins with a pastry base raspberry jam and a sponge type topping and then topped witha pastry swirly thing. Does anyone know what they where called and or point me to a recipe please. Cheers Matt

fourz, Mar 10, 2:37am
They are called Cheese cakes and the only recipe I know of is in the older versions of the Edmonds cook book. My mum used to make these on a regular basis and are by far my most favourite cake of all time!!! I haven't had one for years!!!! Now I want one!!!! or two lol Hopefully someone will have the recipe for them.

fourz, Mar 10, 2:41am
Just found this recipe on another thread:

CHEESE CAKES:

200g flaky pastry
½ cup sugar
3Tbsp raspberry jam
125g butter softened
1 cup flour
1tsp baking powder
2 eggs beaten

Roll out pastry to 200mm. Cut out 7cm rounds and line patty tins. Place ½ tsp jam into each pastry case. In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add the flour and BP alternately with the eggs. Stir to mix. Drop large spoonfuls into the pastry cases. Bake at 200°C for 15-20 minutes. Makes 20. I seem to remember that crosses of pastry were put on top.

lulu239 (111 )11:42 am, Mon 22 Mar #27

barterman007, Mar 10, 2:46am
Edmonds Cheesecakes... Flaky Pastry, Cake mix.. 125g butter, 125g sugar, 2 eggs, 150g flour, 1 tsp baking powder. Cream Butter & sugar, add eggs & dry ingredients, mix well. Line Flaky pastry into patty tins 18 to 21 depends on size of tin..put in 1 tsp raspberry jam in bottom...then spoonful on mix on top, finish with a small pastry strip on top. Bake 20mins @ 200*C

shop-a-holic, Mar 10, 2:48am
First thing my Gt Aunt taught me how to cook.I want one now! So Yummy!

cookessentials, Mar 10, 2:53am
My Mum used to do these and sometimes add a ittle almond extract to the cake topping mixture

shop-a-holic, Mar 10, 2:55am
Yes! And granulated sugar tops! I'm sooo hungry,

nzhel, Mar 10, 3:47am
My mum made these a lot and usually used Damson jam. We always loved them and like shop-a-holic - I could do with one right now - in fact two would be even better!

elliehen, Mar 10, 4:12am
The pastry on top was in the shape of a looped ribbon - like those lapel ribbons for Breast Cancer etcThere's something of a resurgence in retro baking - a local bakery is making old-fashioned Eccles Cakes.

pickles7, Mar 10, 7:12am
cheese cakes.. pastry..raspberry jam.. patty tins
Line patty tins with puff pastry... my pastry for custard squares, would be fine to use. Put ## custard squares ## in as your "key word" in the search, on the left of this page. you will find the pastry.
Put 1/2 a teaspoon of raspberry jam in the bottom, a good spoon of the cake mix, and a little twist of pastry wrapped around your finger, on top. Bake 15-20 minutes @150%c
Cake mixture...cream 125 grams of butter, 125 grams of sugar...add 2 eggs, 1 at a time...then fold in 150 grams of flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
This is a nice way of using up pastry you may have left over. enjoy

Quotepickles7 (468 )12:03 am, Mon 22 Mar #19
elliehen .... We used to make Eccles cakes, a great way to get rid of the side cuts. these days some bakers don't even cut those off.

mas45, Mar 10, 7:41am
Brilliant, thank's all. I'll do a batch tomorrow. I made some raspberry jam out of tomatoes over the summer and though I don't like it as jam I've been making everything I can think of using it up in baking...like yummy louise cake.
I made Eccles cakes a few weeks ago and some cream horns, I found the moulds in a second hand shop. Neither though with the jam. Cheers Matt

kiwibubbles, Mar 10, 8:25am
not matron of honours? these are little cakes with a pastry bottom, jam, then filled with a cupcake mix and topped with glace icing

fourz, Mar 11, 2:37am
They are called Cheese cakes and the only recipe I know of is in the older versions of the Edmonds cook book. My mum used to make these on a regular basis and are by far my most favourite cake of all time! I haven't had one for years! Now I want one! or two lol Hopefully someone will have the recipe for them.

barterman007, Mar 11, 2:46am
Edmonds Cheesecakes. Flaky Pastry, Cake mix. 125g butter, 125g sugar, 2 eggs, 150g flour, 1 tsp baking powder. Cream Butter & sugar, add eggs & dry ingredients, mix well. Line Flaky pastry into patty tins 18 to 21 depends on size of tin.put in 1 tsp raspberry jam in bottom.then spoonful on mix on top, finish with a small pastry strip on top. Bake 20mins @ 200*C

shop-a-holic, Mar 11, 2:55am
Yes! And granulated sugar tops! I'm sooo hungry,

elliehen, Mar 11, 4:12am
The pastry on top was in the shape of a looped ribbon - like those lapel ribbons for Breast Cancer etcThere's something of a resurgence in retro baking - a local bakery is making old-fashioned Eccles Cakes.

juliewn, Mar 11, 5:53am
They're sometimes called 'Old-fashioned Cheesecakes'.. and are seriously delicious..a cafe just down the street from where I once worked had them for sale at morning tea time, hot from the oven - they were very popular..... :-)

pickles7, Mar 11, 7:12am
cheese cakes. pastry.raspberry jam. patty tins
Line patty tins with puff pastry. my pastry for custard squares, would be fine to use. Put ## custard squares ## in as your "key word" in the search, on the left of this page. you will find the pastry.
Put 1/2 a teaspoon of raspberry jam in the bottom, a good spoon of the cake mix, and a little twist of pastry wrapped around your finger, on top. Bake 15-20 minutes @150%c
Cake mixture.cream 125 grams of butter, 125 grams of sugar.add 2 eggs, 1 at a time.then fold in 150 grams of flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
This is a nice way of using up pastry you may have left over. enjoy

Quotepickles7 (468 )12:03 am, Mon 22 Mar #19
elliehen . We used to make Eccles cakes, a great way to get rid of the side cuts. these days some bakers don't even cut those off.

mas45, Mar 11, 7:41am
Brilliant, thank's all. I'll do a batch tomorrow. I made some raspberry jam out of tomatoes over the summer and though I don't like it as jam I've been making everything I can think of using it up in baking.like yummy louise cake.
I made Eccles cakes a few weeks ago and some cream horns, I found the moulds in a second hand shop. Neither though with the jam. Cheers Matt

kiwibubbles, Mar 11, 8:25am
not matron of honours! these are little cakes with a pastry bottom, jam, then filled with a cupcake mix and topped with glace icing

nana_gee, Mar 11, 8:53am
The same recipe with stewed apple instead of jam is really nice too.

abbey171, Mar 11, 8:58am
cheese cakes yum! For some reason my family always ask for these to be made at xmas time as well as neenish tarts.

mas45, Mar 12, 12:34am
Made a double batch of these little beauties but that started me thinking. Why are they called cheese cakes? Cheers Matt

juliewn, Mar 12, 5:53am
They're sometimes called 'Old-fashioned Cheesecakes'. and are seriously delicious.a cafe just down the street from where I once worked had them for sale at morning tea time, hot from the oven - they were very popular. :-)

mas45, Mar 13, 12:34am
Made a double batch of these little beauties but that started me thinking. Why are they called cheese cakes! Cheers Matt