Does anbody have Davidt4 's recipe for

bullock123, Feb 25, 9:22pm
Savory pastry.
Cheers

245sam, Feb 25, 9:39pm
This one bullock123? - it's from Trademe Cooks.....

"Pastry for quiche (or any pie recipe you'd like to use it for)
400g flour pinch salt 240g butter, chilled, in cubes 120 ml chilled water Blitz flour, salt and butter in food processor until it looks like breadcrumbs. Pour in most of water and pulse until it just starts to form clumps. Add more water if necessary but go easy. Tip on to a length of plastic wrap, quickly and gently pat into a flat disc 1 cm thick, wrap up and chill 60 min. Roll out to line flan tin, prick bottom, place in freezer for 30 min or until frozen solid. Heat oven to 180C, take tin straight from freezer to oven and bake about 15 min until just starting to colour. Add filling and bake at 165C until filling set. I'll come back with the filling in a minute if no-one else gives one. posted by davidt4":-))

bullock123, Feb 25, 10:25pm
Yes thank you thats the recipe I wanted.

bedazzledjewels, Feb 26, 12:51am
I doubt there's much pastry being made in DT4's house these days.
I'm sure it'll be posted soon. Yoohoo DT4.

gerry64, Feb 26, 1:16am
sorry to hijack your thread but I used his recipe for potato salad and it was the best I have ever used -but cant find it anywhere using the recipe search or in my pile of recipes anyone able to help?

245sam, Feb 26, 1:51am
gerry64, is this the recipe?It's from Trademe Cooks.....

"Elegant Potato Salad
Make a proper mayonnaise (egg yolks, olive oil, lemon etc. NOT condensed milk). Boil peeled potatoes, drain and while hot cut into large cubes, put in shallow dish and half-cover with dry white wine. Leave to cool in wine, turning over periodically; the potatoes will absorb a lot of the wine. Drain when cool and mix with enough mayonnaise to coat lightly. The soaking in wine means that they will absorb less mayonnaise and the salad will be lighter. Add some thinly sliced spring onion, a few capers and chopped parsley or mint or tarragon, lots of salt and pepper. Don't add anything else, especially not assorted bits and pieces like olives and sun-dried tomatoes. posted by davidt4":-))

gerry64, Feb 26, 1:56am
dont think so - but this one is worth a try thanks 245sam

elliehen, Feb 26, 2:03am
gerry64 - bedazzledjewels' oblique comment refers to the fact that davidt4 (who is a woman!) has adopted a low carb dietary programme, and to echo BJ's comment, I'd doubt there's much potato salad being made there either.

That might not stop either her pastry or her potato salad being endorsed by her for those who eat them, so I expect she'll be along to answer bedazzledjewels' 'Yoohoo'and confirm that these are her best recipes for both.

davidt4, Feb 26, 2:31am
You're so right Dazz.I've got about eight little packages of home made pastry still in the freezer - must find someone to give it to.

That recipe given in post #2 is mine and works very well.The potato salad is delicious.

I glad that someone enjoys my recipes though.

gerry64, Feb 26, 2:36am
sorry david about my gender faux pas -