Dutch pancake machine kmart HELP

Page 1 / 3
claudeandstu, Feb 25, 5:25am
help Got one of these today but itdoesnt have recipes or instructions any ideas! looks like picklets!

claudeandstu, Feb 25, 5:25am
help Got one of these today but itdoesnt have recipes or instructions any ideas? looks like picklets???

lilyfield, Feb 25, 5:40am

cookessentials, Feb 25, 6:27am
aebelskiver or poffertjes arebasically the same. If you Google either of those, you will be able to find plenty of recipes.

dbab, Feb 25, 7:28am
OMG can you buy these in NZ now. Poffertjes are the best. We've had them several times in Australia at the markets

dbab, Feb 25, 7:28am
OMG can you buy these in NZ now. Poffertjes are the best. We've had them several times in Australia at the markets

evorotorua, Feb 25, 7:39am
I use a slightly modified pikelet mix for mine. I use one of those pop top drink bottles to pour with. (You might need to modify that too)or a squirty bottle from a cheap plastic shop. Use a skewer to turn the poffertjes. Hmmm. Melted butter and icing sugar.

uli, Feb 25, 8:04am

uli, Feb 25, 8:04am

uli, Feb 25, 8:07am

uli, Feb 25, 8:07am

dbab, Feb 25, 8:15am
Whipped cream and maple syrup, or whipped cream and strawberries. Mmmmmm!

dbab, Feb 25, 8:15am
Whipped cream and maple syrup, or whipped cream and strawberries. Mmmmmm!!

cookessentials, Feb 25, 8:17am

cookessentials, Feb 25, 8:17am

claudeandstu, Feb 25, 10:00am
Thanks
I didnt have yeast so we just did Edmonds cook book pikelet recipe. Preschooler thought it was cool. Will have to buy yeast and try it again.

Love the idea of a squirt bottle We just spooned it in and made quite the mess. Had fun though

korbo, Feb 25, 8:13pm
i wouldl go back to K mart and ask for one from another box.

I saw these a few weeks ago, but didnt want to go to the hassel of using yeast etc.so.have you made them just using a normal piklet recipe and did they turn out ok.
Quite keen to buy one now. think they were only $12.

korbo, Feb 25, 8:13pm
i wouldl go back to K mart and ask for one from another box.

I saw these a few weeks ago, but didnt want to go to the hassel of using yeast etc...so.....have you made them just using a normal piklet recipe and did they turn out ok.
Quite keen to buy one now. think they were only $12.

cookessentials, Feb 25, 8:20pm
There is no yeast in this recipe

1 Lodge Aebleskiver pan
2 cups of fresh ground soft wheat flour(or unbleached flour or half and half)
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 TB sugar
2 cups buttermilk
2 eggs, separated
1 tsp vanilla
butter
powdered sugar (optional)
chocolate chips (a must in this house)
chopped apples (optional)

Preparation Directions

1. Mix together the flour, baking powder,baking soda, salt, sugar, and cinnamon. Set aside. Mix together the buttermilk, egg yokes, and vanilla. Set aside. Beat egg whites until stiff.

2. Mix the buttermilk mixture in flour mixture. Then fold in egg whites. Set aside, and heat up the Aebleskiver pan on medium heat.

3. Place a slab (1/2 T) of butter (real butter) in each round. Add enough batter to almost come to the top of the round. When the batter starts to bubble up on the sides, turn the batter 1/4 of the way around.(I use a wooden skewer to turn the batter)Cook each turn for about one minute. The cooking time varies. The first batch always takes longer then the rest.

4. If you want to add chocolate chips or apples, place then in the round just before the first 1/4 turn. I add 4 to 6 chips in each round.

Did your "machine" come with the wooden tongs to turn them!

cookessentials, Feb 25, 8:20pm
There is no yeast in this recipe

1 Lodge Aebleskiver pan
2 cups of fresh ground soft wheat flour(or unbleached flour or half and half)
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 TB sugar
2 cups buttermilk
2 eggs, separated
1 tsp vanilla
butter
powdered sugar (optional)
chocolate chips (a must in this house)
chopped apples (optional)

Preparation Directions

1. Mix together the flour, baking powder,baking soda, salt, sugar, and cinnamon. Set aside. Mix together the buttermilk, egg yokes, and vanilla. Set aside. Beat egg whites until stiff.

2. Mix the buttermilk mixture in flour mixture. Then fold in egg whites. Set aside, and heat up the Aebleskiver pan on medium heat.

3. Place a slab (1/2 T) of butter (real butter) in each round. Add enough batter to almost come to the top of the round. When the batter starts to bubble up on the sides, turn the batter 1/4 of the way around.(I use a wooden skewer to turn the batter)Cook each turn for about one minute. The cooking time varies. The first batch always takes longer then the rest.

4. If you want to add chocolate chips or apples, place then in the round just before the first 1/4 turn. I add 4 to 6 chips in each round.

Did your "machine" come with the wooden tongs to turn them?

cookessentials, Feb 25, 8:23pm

cookessentials, Feb 25, 8:23pm

korbo, Feb 25, 9:57pm
#12,
this is getting more interesting. do you have to use buttermilk, and the soft flour. can you use just ordinary flour.
There were 2 types at K Mart in Hastings. Hope they still have them

cookessentials, Feb 25, 10:02pm
I would just use high grade flour personally.

pickles7, Feb 25, 10:48pm
This works just as well using a sandwich toaster, just cover the bottom with batter, fill the center, put a little more batter over the top and close the lid. To serve cut in half corner to corner. No need for another, kitchen gadget.
great "take a plate"idea.