e... e

jenna68, Nov 25, 5:34pm
s... s

jenna68, Nov 25, 5:35pm
bumpin up :o)

jenna68, Nov 29, 7:15pm
w... w

valentino, Dec 2, 2:47am
Just a gentle bump to let everyone to know what is around... .

cheers

indy95, Dec 2, 2:52am
Darn it, valentino, I really wish you hadn't done that. My willpower is doing overtime already and it's only 2 December !

valentino, Dec 2, 2:54am
Hi indy95... . .

Trying to bring up so real nice threads and to follow cooksessentials thoughts as well.

Cheers.

indy95, Dec 2, 2:57am
That's a great idea, keep up the good work.

valentino, Dec 2, 4:33am
Guess what indy95 ! ! ! !

Going to really have to sweeten my tooth now... . urrrrrrrrr ! ! ! !

But then again, could look at alternatives...

Cheers

indy95, Dec 2, 11:26pm
Why bother with alternatives ? Go right ahead, valentino and indulge your sweet tooth. You deserve a treat. You are one of the posters who make this MB so worthwhile.

valentino, Dec 2, 11:54pm
Thank you indy95... . .

Love the indy500 LOL... also.

indy95, Dec 3, 7:25pm
No, far too noisy for me, I'll just stick to cooking thanks.

valentino, Dec 4, 2:39am
In the confectionery Thread are some lovely delights but here I will put this as a bouous for this time of year. . Just needed to share with you all.

valentino, Dec 4, 2:39am
Chocolate Box... ... . 225 grams Choc melts.
Tape down on a smooth oven tray, a piece of baking paper about 42. 5cm x 45 cm at least. Smear very lightly the upper surface of paper with butter. Melt chocolate very low temperature then pour onto the paper, using a clean spreader, smooth choc to 3mm thickness. Chill. When set using a sharp warm knife cut the following dimensions – 1 off 10 x 10cm, 4 off 9. 7 x 5cm sides. ( a lid can be made using a little more choc and similar directions but cut lid same as base). Glue the sides together (one at a time) on top of base by using excess melted choc and a small paintbrush. One can melt white choc melts and put into a small paper bag, snip one corner of bottom of bag and drizzle designs, squigglies, whatever to form patterns or a name etc etc on side (and lid). One can fill with chocs moulded from melted choc or other items to suit.

valentino, Dec 4, 2:40am
Pate Chocolate with Raspberry Coulis Most impressive, can be prepared 2 days ahead and do not freeze at all.
250g butter, 3 cups Dark choc chips, 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder (not granules), ½ cup sugar, 2 large eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, 373ml cream for whipping, 425g Raspberries (Fresh or frozen), 2 tablespoons sugar plus extra and 4 teaspoons cornflour.

Firstly, the Raspberry Coulis: Into a saucepan raspberries with 2 cups of water and sugar. Bring to boil then simmer to infuse the raspberry juices. Allow to cool completely. Strain raspberries through sieve. Reserve raspberries and measure syrup. Need 1 ¼ cup (add water if required). Also one can add extra sugar if required to one’s taste. Add cornflour. Stir, then heat constantly, stirring until mixture boils and thickens. Cool, should make about 1 ¼ cups.

valentino, Dec 4, 2:41am
2nd (the best) Bit... Pate. . final part Pate: Line a damp loaf dish with plastic wrap. Melt butter in large saucepan over hot water, or on low heat. Add choc and coffee stirring constantly, until smooth. Do not over-heat. Pour into large bowl. Add sugar, beat well. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Beat until sugar is dissolved, mix in vanilla essence. Beat cream in small bowl until stiff. Fold into choc mixture then put mixture into the loaf dish. Cover loosely and chill for at least 8 hours or overnight. Un-mould pate onto a platter, cut into slices 2cm thick with hot knife, lay cut slice down on serving plate and spoon the raspberry coulis on one side or around the slice. Add a raspberry or two if desired. Serve.

rarogal, Dec 4, 2:52am
Sounds divine, thanks Valentino, I'm adding this one to my dessert folder! !

valentino, Dec 4, 3:28am
You are most welcomed... . I have made that buttercrunch again for Christmas as part of my sweet table afterwards thing. Noticed that needs a week or two to be at it's peak. Very good and thank you rarogal.

jenna68, Dec 4, 8:15am
o... o

valentino, Dec 5, 3:58am
Chocolate Surprise Pie 75g butter, 1 ½ cups Wheatmeal biscuit crumbs, 3 tablespoons cocoa, ¾ cup raspberry or strawberry jam, 125g softened cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, 1 cup milk, 1 packet chocolate instant pudding mix, about 250mls cream for whipping, 2 tablespoon cocoa and ½ teaspoon vanilla essence.

Melt butter in medium saucepan, add biscuit crumb and cocoa. Stir well. Press in bottom and up sides of 22cm pie dish. Bake at 175c for 10 minutes, then cool. Spread jam on top of the bottom of the pie shell. Beat cream cheese and sugar together well. Slowly beat in milk and pudding powder. Put into cooled pie shell. Beat the cream until stiff then beat in the cocoa and vanilla. Place into a plastic bag and snip one corner for a good creamy swirl. Pipe over top in a lattice like or criss-cross and chill. One could add a few half cut berries as decoration. Cuts into 8 wedges.

valentino, Dec 5, 10:54pm
Truffle Cake –an incredible dessert, melts in your mouth. Made up of various individual recipes.
CRUST: 125g Butter softened, 1 cup flour, 1/3 cup icing sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa.
Place a piece of foil on the bottom of 20cm springform baking tin base then clip in the side and fold excess foil up outside the tin to prevent any water leakage. Mix all in a small bowl until dry powdery. Press into the baking tin. Set tin in a larger oven dish.
FILLING: 300g dark chocolate melts, 125g butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence and 4 large eggs separated.
Combine choc, butter and vanilla in large saucepan. Heat over hot water or on low heat on stovetop stirring constantly until choc is melted and smooth. Do not overheat. Remove from heat.

valentino, Dec 5, 10:55pm
2nd part... . . Cont. Beat in egg yolks one at a time. Using clean beaters, beat egg whites in medium bowl until stiff. Fold into choc mixture then pour over crust. Pour boiling water about half way up outside of tin. Bake in 220c oven for 15 minutes. Outer edge will be set. Centre will be soft and look uncooked. Cool, chill for several hours or overnight. Remove sides of tin. Place cake on wire rack set on baking paper. Pour glaze (recipe following) covering top and side. Chill.
GLAZE: Heat ¾ cup evaporated milk in small saucepan on low. Add 180 grams dark choc melts, stirring constantly until melted and smooth.

valentino, Dec 5, 10:56pm
3rd part... . Final bit - Garnish Garnish Truffle cake edges by piping swirls or small knobs with a Fudge Icing, heat 250 grams dark choc melts and 250 grams sour cream in medium saucepan over low heat or over hot water stirring constantly until smooth. Cool to room temperature.

Plus a crown of Chocolate shavings placed near the edge of cake plus a little bit in the middle of top. Melt about 225 grams dark chocolate melts the on a very lightly greased surface pour the chocolate and allow to set at room temperature. From the edge nearest to yourself and with a scraper at a slight angle, push the scraper away across the choc surface until medium to large curls are formed. Use a wooden toothpick to lift each curl as it is being made to a chilled plate or directly onto Truffle cake.

Cut into 16 wedges.

maynard9, Dec 6, 2:11am
OMG Valentino... ... ... . Don't ever expect an invited as guest speaker to Weight Watchers or similar.
Your recipes are amazing - have added them to my "Must try" pile. Have to admit whenever I see your name at the end of a recipe I think "This will be good - it's Valentino". You have a reputation - and I don't even know you... ... ... Thanks for taking the time to write all these out - it is very good of you when life is so busy - especially this time of year.

valentino, Dec 6, 2:20am
maynard9... . Thank you for your comments. . Chocolate is better for than one thinks... just like a glass of red wine a day... Scientists have noted that regular portions actually increases one's life... HMMMM. I'm a big fan of chocolate but in the right proportions and as a friend of mine has on her business card, " Life is a song --- Just simply sing it, have fun and enjoy ". To me that sums up a number of things. Cheers