Foodtown mag - chocolate brownie recipe autumn pls

alewis, Feb 3, 5:37am
Hi I got told by a aquaintance that her chocolate brownie slice she serves in her cafe is the foodtown mag on from autumn last year, I tried on their site but no avail, is there a wonderful person that can post this for me please, - I am totally fed up by not having a successful brownie slice and she assures me this is the ONE thanks in advance

seniorbones, Feb 3, 6:25am
do you know the month that it was in, I have a lot but cant remember the brownie slice.

245sam, Feb 3, 6:38am
auckland_ali, is the brownie recipe a GF one?There is one in the June/July 2010 called "Nectar Espresso Bar's Gluten-free Dark Chocolate & Berry Brownie".:-))

alewis, Feb 3, 7:05am
Sorry I dont know she said autumn last year!! very possibly that one 245 as she owns a cafe and makes and sells it in the shop. - I know her from a friend. I am just fed up with ending up with a "cake"not crackly on the top and swishy in the middle, thats what I am really after, could be that because I do not measure I am a tipper in maybe I just am using too much flour or not the right one, if you could post that that would be grand thanks.

245sam, Feb 3, 8:49am
Here you are auckland_ali.....

DARK CHOCOLATE AND BERRY BROWNIE
150g rice flour
85g gluten-free cocoa powder
200g butter
180g Whittaker's Dark Ghana Chocolate, chopped
225g caster sugar
4 free-range eggs
115g frozen berries of your choicee.g.blackberriesorstrawberries

Sift the rice flour and cocoa powder and set aside.
Melt the butter in a saucepan on a low heat.Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chopped chocolate and sugar, stirring until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is well combined.
Lightly beat the eggs and then whisk them into the mixture.Stir in the sifted dry ingredients until combined.Spread the mixture evenly into a lightly oil and baking paper-lined 30cm x 20cm slice pan.Arrange the berries across the top, lightly pressing them into the brownie mixture.
Bake at150°Cfor 35-45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out (just) clean. Makes about 20 slices.
Thanks to Dunedin’s Nectar Espresso Bar & Café.

Hope that is THE brownie recipe that you're wanting.:-))

alewis, Mar 21, 1:11pm
thank you 245sam