Buttercream recipe.....

4emma, Jan 29, 6:42am
Hiya, I'm looking for a buttercream recipe, any ideas? thanx

4emma, Jan 29, 8:31pm
anyone please! !

annie642, Jan 29, 10:11pm
google it

elliehen, Jan 30, 12:53am
Forget Google - it's sometimes your enemy, not your friend, full of undigested and untested information.

Here's a recipe from pam. delilah, a very reliable TM cook. I put 'buttercream' in the Recipes Anytime search and up it came ;)

Buttercream Icing
• 1cup butter or margarine softened
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 4 cups sifted icing sugar
• 2 tablespoons milk
Makes: About 3 cups of icing.
In large bowl, cream butter with electric mixer. Add vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Keep bowl covered with a damp cloth until ready to use.
For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use. Refrigerated in an airtight container, this icing can be stored 2 weeks. Rebeating before using.
The beating is the secret, to make sure it is light and fluffy.

davidt4, Jan 30, 2:31am
Traditional French Butter Cream

5 egg yolks
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. water
280g unsalted butter, room temperature

Put the egg yolks in a mixing bowl and place over hot water. Whisk until the yolks are hot to the touch. Remove from heat, beat at high speed until the yolks have doubled in volume, are lemon yellow, and leave a "ribbon" when you dribble them with a spoon.

Put the sugar and water in a heavy pan and cook over medium heat, stirring the sides down only until all the sugar is dissolved, until the syrup reaches soft ball stage (120C)

With the mixer on high, very slowly add the syrup to the yolks, until all has been added. Continue beating on high until the mixture is tepid. Still on high, beat in the soft, room temperature butter a tablespoon at a time, then refrigerate for an hour. (If using flavoring, e. g. chocolate, beat in just after you beat in the butter).

Refrigerate the buttercream for at least a half hour, and whip it smooth just before you use it.

This is the traditional butter cream used in French patissierie.

skelty, Jan 30, 7:34am
I use Kremelta in mine. Tastes good, although, definately not for those on low fat diets!

elliehen, Mar 10, 9:58am
Bumping for jesus_2

jesus_2, Mar 10, 10:17am
kewl thankyou elliehen!

jesus_2, Oct 18, 5:04pm
oooo! thats the stuff im after! i wasn't sure if i could find vegetable shortening in nz as im using the recipe off the wilton site! Do the supermarkets just sell it? ?