I have Pork Pieces... Save me from Packets please.

toadfish, Dec 19, 1:43am
I have just got some pork pieves out the freezer, don't usually buy them but they were a too goo to be true price.

I know i can look up recipes... but does anyone have an all time favourite they can reccomemend... otherwise I will resort to pork & pineapple, which hubbys not too keen on but will eat... doesn't ike fruit with his meat and 3 veg lol.

kabbo, Dec 19, 1:48am
you could do a pork satay.

an easy recipe is:
peanut butter
sweet chilli sauce
soy sauce
coconut milk/cream

just mix altogether in a pot and simmer.

sorry dont have the quantities at hand, but may some thing like this.

2tbsp p.butter
4 tbsp sweet chilli
1-2 tbsp soy sauce
1 can coconut milk/cream

just go by taste ie maybe need more peanut butter or less chilli depeding on your taste.

serve with rice.

geldof, Dec 19, 2:12am
cowboy casserole

pork pieces
450gm can baked beans]
1 onion
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 tsp brown sugar
1/2 - 1 tsp chilli powder

Mix together in casserole dish, cover and cook at 160 deg C 1 1/2hrs or until tender.

Good with crusty bread and salad.

Nice and savoury and no fruit in sight.

toadfish, Dec 19, 2:16am
Cowboy casserole it is....

toadfish, Dec 19, 2:30am
Wow thanks geldof, it doesn't get much easier than that.. in the oven now as Miss 16 needs to leave at 5pm... will let you know the families verdict....

Ps I saw Bob Geldofs country mansion when I was in the UK.. just down the road from my Aunt & Uncles in Kent... in fact we were reasonable sure we saw Sir Bob get into his car.... random informationI know but your name reminded me.

greerg, Dec 19, 3:53am
This sounds easy.Do you brown the pork first or just throw it all in together?

dezzie, Dec 19, 4:11am
lol I must be boring, I always make sweet and sour pork with pork bits, boil them for about 10 minutes first with about 1/2 teaspoon of 5 spice and then just batter and cook, (if you've let the water cool a bit you can use the water the pork was cooked in to make the batter)make sweet and sour sauce with white vinegar and sugar, splash of tomato sauce for colour, thicken with cornflour, serve over rice.

geldof, Dec 19, 4:30am
Just throw it all in together.Great with stewing steak as well if you cook it very slowly.

geldof, Nov 15, 9:16am
Glad to help.I hope the family DOES like it.

HahaGeldof is my corrugated iron goat.