Won Tons! Does any one hace the perfect recipe

somethingsexy, Oct 4, 4:13am
Hi Guys
I've been to the asian supermarket and brought the won ton wrappers now how do i create the perfect won ton?Some of the brought ones are really flavourless

red-fmb, Oct 4, 4:50am
I use chicken mince.....
I throw everything into my kitchen whizzy thing....
Chicken mince
pickled chilli
lime leaves
sesame oil
garlic
salt pepper
blend.....

I always fry a bit of the mince first and taste to see if it needs anything else and then use...

somethingsexy, Oct 4, 4:53am
Thanks so much it sounds fab... Man i'm hungry

goldgurl_design, Oct 4, 6:03am
I make my own chinese dumplings...

basic recipe for me is:

Pork mince (will try chicken next time)
finely chopped celery, spring onion, grated carrots
Sometimes I'll add really finely sliced chinese cabbage
sweet chilli sauce, sesame oil, light soy sauce, fish sauce

Bascially whatever I have on hand really...

levintofu, Oct 4, 8:13pm
its gotta be pork and you can use just about anything but don't forget the sesame oil!!!

my fave is just a little cabbage and loads of pork, salt, pepper, chives, and some soy and chili-bean paste a few eggs so they don't fall apart and if they do it doesn't make a mess of the soup.

but my fave is the dipping sauce for the end product (unless your doing a soup which you prob are as your doing wonton rather than dumplings)

it has to be good chinese black vinegar which lots of grated ginger and a little sugar. (also great with crabs and mussels freshly steamed)

obviousas, Oct 6, 1:20am
I was told the trick is getting the skins that are suitable for frying.....and do not over fill. Ensure your filling is as dry as possible

whitehead., Oct 6, 2:54am
i have mine with chicken soup and veg .i have one pot of boiling water a small pot boiling chicken soup and i add the veg to the soup put the wontons in the boiling water and as soon as they are wrinkly and rise to the top they are ready .i use pork mince and carrot spring onion and cabbage if ive got it toss in the kitchen wizz and use about a tea spoon in each wrapper use cold water to seal yum

whitehead., May 10, 4:58pm
every thing takes about 2 minutes to cook