Anyone got their Edmonds book handy?

cosby, Aug 6, 11:46pm
I'm in Melbourne at the moment and forgot to write down a couple of recipes I wanted to bring. Can anyone kindly type out the Edmonds Lemon Honey recipe for me please? The normal one, not the microwave version. I remember how to do it and I think I even know most of the ingredient quantities off by heart, but I'd rather be absolutely certain than get it wrong. I've googled but can only find mention of it, not the actual recipe. Thanks

lyl_guy, Aug 6, 11:52pm
500g sugar
125g butter
4 eggs
Rind and juice 4 lemons
Grate the zest of lemons, strain the juice, beat eggs a little, put all ingredients into a double saucepan or in a basin and stand in hot water. (the food, not you, presumably).
Cook slowly till thick and smooth, put into hot jars, store in fridge.

trading_gibsons, Aug 7, 12:02am
Hi Cosby,
When I lived in Sydney I had to get some to sent me a copy(still have it, but very tatured) Tried everywhere to find a recipe book that could replace it & never did. Put it in as a request for birthday or Christmas Pressy.

cosby, Aug 7, 12:40am
Hey there, thanks so much both of you. Have realised that the book I use must be a different version as you melt the butter, sugar & lemon juice together (double boiler) first, then add the eggs & rind and cook til thick. My Edmonds book at home must be the old one - from memory the sugar etc is still in cups rather than grams, but this is just fine. Now I can make a double batch - half to jar up for mum & dad, and the other half to use in lemon meringue pies. I'll be the favourite daughter :o) Lyl_guy - I can just picture some ningkompoop standing in hot water trying to follow the recipe, lol!

dian2, Aug 7, 12:53am
anywhere anytime Edmonds at your fingertips

http://www.edmondscooking.co.nz/recipe.htm

dian2, Aug 7, 12:57am
oh. . lemon honey isn't so straightforward to find in there... the search continues. .

noonesgirl, Aug 7, 1:01am
Lemon honey
2c water
6TBSPs sugar
grated rind & juice of 2 lemons
2 eggs
4TBSPs cornflour
1TBSP butter
Bring water to boil with sugar, lemon rind & butter. Boil a few mins. Blend cornflour with a little cold water. Mix in & cook approx 5 mins. Removefrom heat, add lemon juice & well-beaten egg yolks.

elliehen, Jan 2, 8:04am
Just make sure you use a really tart lemon. Once I made some lemon honey for my host from a tree in their garden and was dismayed to find it bland and disappointing. I had picked'lemons' from their Lemonade tree - a delicious refreshing fruit, which you can eat like an orange, that looks identical to the Meyer.