Rasberry slice

caro25, Jun 22, 10:47pm
good morning could someone help me with this recipe please i have tried using the search bar and cant seem to find it any where the one with jam and pink icing many thanks in advance

ttwisty, Jun 22, 11:01pm
Try www.freshinthekitchen.co.nz

fifie, Jun 22, 11:16pm
Old Family Recipe
4 oz butter, 4 oz sugar, 1 egg, 7 oz self raising flour. Cream butter and sugar add egg beat well, mix in flour. Place a piece ofbaking paper on the bench size of your oven tray. Sprinkle with flour and roll out your dough to edges of paper roughly. Spread half of this with raspberry jam now the tricky bit lift up the edges with no jam on and flip it on top of thepiece with jam you may need a knife to ease it gently of paper onto the other half. Cut off remaining paper, slide it on to a oven tray bake about 180c (my oven i cook 170) around 25 mins till golden and cooked. Cool when cold ice with pink icing with a dash of raspberry essence in it if you want or just sprinkle coconut on top and cut into squares when icing has set. .

caro25, Jun 23, 7:04am
thankyou this was great and sooooooo yummy

caro25, Jun 23, 7:05am
i say was as my son has demolished it already lol

fifie, Sep 1, 12:11pm
Pleased it worked out for you Caro, and your son liked it. You coulddouble the recipe and make a bigger lot for a family. I use that base for a lot of slices and its good doubled to for apple square this time of the year with all the cooking apples around. .