Sally lun recipe please.

lynja, Jan 17, 11:48pm
Thanks Pam.delilah

rovertniloc, Jan 15, 1:43am
Or is it lunn? Whichever.

245sam, Jan 15, 1:52am
rovertniloc, 'tis Lunn I believe but the following recipe from the former Trade Me Cooks has another 'interesting'? name for the recipe - maybe it was just a typo.

"SALLY LUNG
3/4 cup sugar, 1 cup of cold mashed potatoes, pinch of salt, 2 cups flour, 2 teaps baking powder, 1/2 cup of sultanas, about 1/4 cup milk. Cream sugar & potatoe together throughtly. Sift flour,salt & Baking powder together and add to potatoe mixture beating well, stir in sultanas, add sufficent milk to mix to a smooth dough. Form into round cake and place on greased try. Bake at 180c for 25 to 30 mins. Ice when cold with pink icing and sprinkle over with coloured sprinkles. Cut and enjoy. My children love it and it also can be frozen.
posted by imajica" :-))

slimgym, Jan 16, 5:54pm
didnt this used to have a really different icing. boy it was yum

lynja, Jan 16, 6:04pm
yes slimgym, the icing is the best part on the bought ones. I have never been able to replicate it.

pam.delilah, May 10, 3:13am
here are two recipes for the icing

3 tablespoons butter 1 teaspoon raspberry essence 3 tablespoons hot water 2 cups icing sugar
Melt butter in a medium saucepan; add hot water and essence.
Remove from heat then stir in icing sugar.
Add more hot water, 1/2 to 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency. Sprinkle with coconut as necessary

2 Tablespoons butter, 2 Tablespoons white sugar, 2 Tablespoons boiling water.
Beat until it turns into a white cream.
For the sprinkled topping put dessicated coconut into a plastic bag and add a drop or two of red food colouring.
Shake around until you have lovely pink coconut to sprinkle over the creamy topping.
Can use Raspberry Essence instead.