Kumera salad, dairy free, anyone have a recipe

white_elephant, Apr 28, 3:51am
please?

campmum, Apr 28, 4:00am
x1
i love Thai chilli kumara salad... chunky kumara, 1 sliced red onion, sweet chilli sauce to coat & a big handful coriander... really easy, fresh and delicious

white_elephant, Apr 28, 4:07am
Thanks campmum, that sounds very suitable for what I need, how much chilli sauce do I need to use and is any make particulary good, it's not something I use.

campmum, Apr 28, 10:51am
Hi. . i use trident sweet chilli sauce, it is yummy! ! ! for about 1/2 kilo cooked kumara, i would use 1/2 cup sauce... it should be enough to just coat kumara. . adjust to suit... My sister in law makes this every christmas and it makes a lovely fresh change from the usual. we love it! ! You could use the sauce as a dipping sauce for wontons, spring rolls, chicken nibbles just to name a few. it is a must have in our fridge!

white_elephant, Apr 28, 6:24pm
Thanks again campmum

zappi, Apr 28, 9:07pm
Cook or steam kumara and then dice up (skin and all), add after cooled, peanuts, spring onions, and sliced banana at the end. A little garlic and mint is nice also depending on the mood. The dressing is lemon juice and a little raw sugar and oil poured over the top and mixed thru.

hezwez, Mar 13, 4:52pm
You could try a little coconut cream with the kumara and chilli too, coconut cream and kumara marry well.