Leak proof containers

wishbone66, Oct 20, 7:26am
to use in Motorhome/Caravan - as our frig is small containers need to be packed in at different angles - what leak proof containers do you suggest! I like the clip-it containers but they are not leakproof.

duckmoon, Oct 20, 7:28am
Tupperware

toadfish, Oct 20, 7:31am
+1
Its expensive but you have it for life.Cheaper if you buy off here instead of a dealer.

wishbone66, Oct 20, 7:36am
good old tupperware, been around for years and I never thought of it. Thank you, will do a search now.

sossie1, Oct 20, 7:38am
have a nosey at some op shops as well, i just got an entire carrier bag full of old tupperware for $5.00

camper18, Oct 20, 8:56am
Went to an auction and got a whole banana box of tuppa/w for $10.

daisyhill, Oct 20, 9:41pm
I prefer to store food in glass these days - no potential leaching issues and they don't stain or make the food taste of plastic. If you can get your hands on a set of Glasslock containers (made in Korea by Snapware) definitely go for it. They will not leak no matter what position they are in. They aren't cheap but are well worth it.

Don't be tempted by the glass Luminarc containers that claim to be leakproof, because they aren't. They are pretty good but I wouldn't just toss a tub of soup into my handbag like I would with the Glasslock ones.

wishbone66, Oct 21, 7:59am
thanks for all your help - will certainly look into the Glasslock containers.

bedazzledjewels, Oct 21, 8:33pm
Daisyhill - thanks for your experiences.
I've been swapping over to glass for a while and have several Luminarc that have been okay for non-liquids. The clips can be dodgy though. So I'm looking to swap over to Glasslock.
I only want to buy individual containers though. Where did you get yours from please!

toadfish, Oct 21, 8:37pm
If you google Dazz there are several on line stores, and also Millys so you could look at them in person.

daisyhill, Oct 21, 8:40pm
I got some from TradeMe and some from http://www.Reuseit.com which is an American site selling all kinds of reusable, eco-friendly, waste-reducing bits and bobs (I also got some wonderful hemp grocery bags there that fit over the same hooks as the disposable plastic ones at the till - the girls in Countdown always compliment me on them and are amazed by how strong they are!). You could try Amazon and eBay too. I have never seen them for sale in shops here, unfortunately, so you'll need to factor in shipping costs to your total budget.

Just saw the previous poster say somewhere called Millys has them - I don't know what that is but maybe some shops do sell Glasslock here but just not in Christchurch!

bedazzledjewels, Oct 21, 8:41pm
Thanks Toady - I might do that. I need to actually feel how the lids fit. Having made the change to glass though, I'd never go back to plastic. It feels so squeaky clean! (shades of palmolive!)

daisyhill, Oct 21, 8:42pm
That's how I feel too. I love washing them because they are sparkly clean and never stain - can't say that about plastic! We do still have heaps of plastic tubs but they are not being replaced as they wear out or get lost.