Spend $400 @ Countdown, save 50c litre on fuel?

Page 1 / 4
kuaka, Jul 12, 9:05am
Is anyone going to take advantage of this offer!Do you think it's a good deal!

aragorn2003, Jul 12, 9:08am
if $400 is what you normally spend then yes , if not hell no

datoofairy, Jul 12, 9:10am
Heck no, I'd want to save more than that for $400.

nfh1, Jul 12, 9:15am
It goes up in stages I think
10 cents for $100
20 cents for $200
30 cents for $300
50 cents for $400.

I love the petrol coupons, doesn't make me spend anymore, just alters when I shop.When there is no petrol coupon (or a measly 6 cents), I only buy what I absolutely have to.

I have to shop so might as well let them give me something as well.

skye7, Jul 12, 9:20am
Perfect for the fortnightly shopper. The bigger discounts sure make a difference at the pump.

kuaka, Jul 12, 9:23am
I try to take advantage of the extra special fuel coupons whenever I can.50c a litre means a saving of $50 if you fill up with 100 litres, so we fill the vehicle with as much as it will take, (usually somewhere in the region of 60 litres) and then fill 1 or 2 20 litre fuel cans, so we can take full advantage.We haven't had a 50c coupon before, I think the best so far has been 35c, but that saved us $35, so I figure whatever I save on fuel comes off the price of the groceries, and I only stock up on stuff I would have bought in the next couple of weeks anyway, just means I don't have to go shopping for the next two weeks.I wonder if the supermarkets have worked out that if you only have x amount of $$$ to spend, then their clever marketing ploys only alters the times that you shop, not the amount you spend.

rover79, Jul 12, 9:29am
Had a read of it and they say to have a look at their web for participating stations,,,,,,,,, but can't find it.
Vouchers don't count as well as tobacco but alcohol does

nfh1, Jul 12, 9:32am
I have never had any problems redeeming the vouchers.

firemansgirl, Jul 12, 9:35am
A friend and her neighbour went to the supermarket, spent $400 between them, got the voucher, went to the petrol station and they put 50 litres each in their cars. Guyat the service station was fine with it.

duckmoon, Jul 12, 9:53am
Bu@@er, when New World has a big petrol voucher, I do my shopping, if I haven't meet the threshold, then I top up with supermarket vouchers.

Countdown however doesn't include vouchers in their spending limit.

I guess that countdown doesn't get me to spend that money in their store, either in one shop or two shops

duckmoon, Jul 12, 10:01am
The coupons say something about one car, but there seems to be flexibility about it.

firemansgirl, Jul 12, 10:14am
Does it! LOL, I think they say single fill, 100 litres max. I guess that this WOULD mean one vehicle but could be interpreted as not getting the said amount off using the same voucher until you'd gotten 100 litres. Anyhow the guy at the service station was fine about it, they said.

nfh1, Jul 12, 10:22am
That must be tough kinna54, food costs have risen a lot over the past few years.

village.green, Jul 12, 7:47pm
I've just come back from 5 weeks overseas (UK) and on Wed spent $354 at Countdown on big shop and got 20c per litre off fuel which I needed as car was empty. That night saw the ads for the above and now wished I'd left to do my shop for onemore day that extra 10c per litre would have been good and I probably would have pushed the shop up to $400.
By the way food prices in UK are generally cheaper than we would pay here and that is after converting into NZ$ (Tesco and Lidl).
Being part of the EU helps of course.

bernice1, Jul 12, 8:30pm
Deal also available at New World.which usually happens, if one chain offers a discount, the other quickly matches or betters.

griffo4, Jul 12, 8:39pm
l see PaknSave has the same deal so l will go and do our monthly shop this weekend instead of next weekend
These fuel price wars are still good for the consumer and they are coming round more often

lx4000, Jul 12, 8:50pm
how much do youhave to spend at pack to get the 50c off!

lx4000, Jul 12, 9:17pm
oks, it 400$ but wonders how good their friday the 13th deals are!

arabelle, Jul 12, 9:18pm
notice that they are doing the special at the end of the school holidays, when you had replenished the cupboards and needed the extra food. I consider this all one big scam.The petrol stations dont mind as the grocery store is paying for the difference. it used to be a combined effort, to lure folk . but changed about 2yrs ago.so the price of groceries will be raised to meet this new turf war game. whatever way you look at it WE are paying for it

pickles7, Jul 12, 9:42pm
you are so right.every time you go to shop prices have gone up, not by cents but by $$$$$$$$$$$$s on some things.
Interest on money in the bank is nothing. There is way more to be gained from food in your cupboard.

dreamers, Jul 12, 9:46pm
We take both cars when they need to be filled and don't replace the petrol hose into its holder after filling one car so fill both cars with theone voucher.

sarahb5, Jul 12, 9:51pm
That'd be a good idea if both our cars ran on the same type of petrol.I don't usually get the vouchers anyway because I shop online but I still think that saves me more in impulse buys than the petrol vouchers would save me.This week though Miss 21 is doing my shopping so I will get the voucher but hopefully it will only be 20c - if it's more than that then she's spent too much on food (and wine) to take back to uni!

neon2k, Jul 12, 10:15pm
You and a friend could do one shop (have a sub total when at $200) and get the 50 cent voucher.Use voucher and fill both cars to the maximum litre allowed.

kokopuff, Jul 12, 10:57pm
I just spent $200 at pack n save yesterday and i got a petrol voucher for 25c off every ltr of fuel. $400 bucks for 50c dont think so not in my house.

cookessentials, Jul 12, 11:00pm
I dont bother with them because it forces you to spend money on stuff you dont really need just to save the $ on the fuel.