Is "uli" a goneburger ?

Page 2 / 4
esther-anne, Apr 11, 5:53am
Now that puzzles me somewhat.Why do people ask to be removed from the forums-why don't they just stay away if they need a break!That's what I do anyway*shrug*

elliehen, Apr 11, 5:56am
That sounds like the ultimate Recipes Dominatrix ;)

elliehen, Apr 11, 5:57am
I suspect that for some it is an addictive pastime and removing themselves voluntarily removes the temptation when they open up to trade.

mwood, Apr 11, 5:59am
Flashed under the salamander does it for me

craig04, Apr 11, 6:00am
Waltraud is the name on her profile

maynard9, Apr 11, 6:14am
I don't really know exactly how this banning thing goes but surely one has to do something pretty 'bad' to be banned.
Does that mean that everytime they go to post something it just won't record - and everything in the past is wiped out.
If you get to come back - do the comments come back too!
Just interested.

purplegoanna, Apr 11, 6:14am
why continue this thread with speculation and assumption.voting this thread off (although it has proven who really does show bad form)

elliehen, Apr 11, 6:23am
The ultimate 'bad form' is to deny someone an opinion on a public forum.

The community as a whole (or Trade Me) will decide if this thread is inappropriate (or breaks rules).

A couple of people who have posted above have said elsewhere that they exchange emails with uli, so I would say that speculation from those is somewhat hypocritical.

frances1266, Apr 11, 6:34am
I think Uli removed herself.She disclosed a lot of personal information about her ACC claim which could have caused problems for her.

janny3, Apr 11, 6:57am
Thanks for letting us know.Looks like I need to get hold of Uli, we're in a similar situation with ACC.

esther-anne, Apr 11, 7:03am
Go ahead-vote to your heart's content-it worries me not at all. You can report me too if you seriously think I overstepped some mark or other.

However what does bother me is your not comprehending that I asked a legitimateand genuine question - why does someone ask to be 'banned' or whatever the word is!Why not just stay away from the forums!Maybe elliehen got it right - some are addicted.In which case I really sympathise, it must be a tough row to hoe!

By the way - I am permitted to have an opinion, just as you are!

purplegoanna, Apr 11, 7:06am
opinion and gossip are two entirely diiferent things.

elliehen, Apr 11, 7:15am
Yes, like 'freedom fighters' and 'terrorists'.It all depends where you're coming from.

spunky2, Apr 11, 7:44am
For your information . some years ago Mr 'Uli' and 'Uli' the TM user were involved in a very serious motor accident. Another driver went through a stop sign and 'Uli' wasn't meant to ever walk again . both are from Germany with no family in NZ. I'd never met them personally, although I'd had Woofers on my property - who then went to 'Uli's property.

It used to turn my stomach when I'd read some rude remark from a poster who didn't even know her or how she was trying to cope with life after having been dealt with such a hard knock. To have to sell your business because you could no longer work it alone would've been heart breaking.

I respected Uli, I loved to read about the amazing meals she prepared and how interesting her 'way' of cooking certain foods. Most of the foods she cooked were very foreign to me . perhaps ACC have had their spies out and I do know that a lot of people on TM would rather pimp on you - than to take a step back to try and understand you.

Uli . thank you . for who you were and thank you for all the knowledge you shared - because it sure has improved my way of cooking so many different foods . I hope you do come back soon . Q;-)

cake4, Apr 11, 8:19am
this!

elliehen, Apr 11, 8:25am
"In an avalanche every snowflake pleads not guilty."

jimmy2102, Apr 11, 9:02am
Iam a new member eg 2wks, thought uli was abit of a crack up, had a great sense of humor and was trying to get a bite out of people, which she managed to do very well.
i keep hearing in my head "and that was the days of our lives"

buzzy110, Apr 12, 12:54am
I think uli will understand by now that she did have a lot of support and good will from a lot of the posters on these boards. Like all of you are saying, it was just a few who thought it a sport to continually pounce on her. One in particular, seems reluctant to let the sport go and is trying hard to make this into another 'hate' thread.

buzzy110, Apr 12, 1:03am
Like other posters, when I first came in here, the best advice I ever got was from uli. She provided support to someone who wasn't interested in baking cakes or biscuits but who wanted to branch out into, what was for me, uncharted territory. Our passions and beliefs were so similar and so different to others on here, who are often threatened by our points of difference, especially around nutrition.

Now who am I going to discuss my latest experiment on sauerkraut! I think she would call me crazy with what I have done but she'd be equally interested to know how it turned out.

vmax2, Apr 12, 1:14am
Hey buzzy, tell me about your sauerkraut!I remember you saying you were going to make a big lot of it recently.I made some a month ago and it went yuck on top.So I scooped the top stuff off and put it into the compost and am now eating what was underneath.

iman007, Apr 12, 2:16am
best decision, really!

kay141, Apr 12, 3:04am
Perhaps you could ring or email her!

elliehen, Apr 12, 3:44am
5:29 pm, Tue 27 Apr

!

falcon-hell, Apr 12, 7:10am
so did I,lol.

griffo4, Apr 12, 7:11am
Sad when anyone gets bumped off the message boards as it is a free country and whether or not you agree with Uli she has given some good advice and l have learnt alot from coming here from all the contributors