I just bought 10 kgs of apricots for $20

gaspodetwd, Feb 26, 10:28pm
So I made an apricot crumble. Aside from apricot sauce and chutney and eating them fresh - what other cooking can I do!
Has anyone got a good chicken in apricot sauce recipe!
Or any other nice ones like that!

cgvl, Feb 27, 12:02am
apricot jam and preserve or freeze some for winter time

makespacenow, Feb 27, 12:12am
Apricot jams.yoy can maje several variations apricot fruit spreads apricot and apple curd drued apricots apricot ice cream apricot pickles marmalades the choices are endless or you could just bottle tgem with some rum and vanilla
we always eat apricot and amaretto jam first.

spot20, Feb 27, 12:19am
Apricot sponge pudding is divine.i just use the fruit sponge recipe from edmonds cookbook! the best

cookessentials, Feb 27, 1:03am
I have been making this jam for about five years now and it is the only one I make. The recipe is actually one from Morocco and is well worth making.
1.5kg ripe apricots, halved and six stones reserved.
1.5 kg of sugar. I use caster sugar as it dissolves far more quickly and makes a lovely clear jam ( a trick used at A&P show competitions)
1 or 2 small firm, pale skinned lemons, washed.
1/2 cup water.
Place apricots and sugar in a large non-reactive bowl. Use a hammer to gently open the stones to remove the kernel, being careful not to smash the kernel.
Split the kernels in half and add to bowl. Slice most of each lemon very thinly, reserving the unsliced portions for later. Add lemon slices and any pips to the bowl and mix the contents all together, then cover and set aside overnight. By morning, the juices will have come out of the fruit. Pour mixture into a large pan or preserving pan ( I use a stock pot) with the water. Place over medium heat for 5 mins, stirring to prevent mixture sticking, while sugar dissolves. Increase heat to fairly high and boil for about 15-20 minutes until mixture just starts to thicken and the temp reaches 105C. Skim off any yellow film and remove pan from the heat. Squeeze in the juice from the reserved lemons and stir. Carefully transfer jam to hot, sterlilized jars and seal. I use the "Waugh" cellophane seals that you can usually buy from New World in the red and green pack, just follow the instructions. Once the cellophane seals are tight, I then put on a screw top lid.

jaymar, Feb 27, 6:58am
bottle them, cook in water and sugar to make a syrup until soft but not mushy

ffloss, Feb 27, 7:38am
I stewed quite a lot and put them in containers in the freezer to have over the winter with kornies Yum.
I have also done nectarines, peaches and pears this way so we are set.
22 icecream containers full. Not much room for anything else.

kellybme, Feb 28, 7:41am
Yum, where did u get them, would love to get some to make some jam

fogs, Feb 29, 6:01am
We bought 10kgs of peaches for $20.00 a couple weeks ago. Made peach Jam with them and ate LOTS of peaches.