Tefal Actifry

ravenseyes, Jan 31, 4:30am
Has any one used one !What are they like ! Are the chips like fish and chip shop chips or oven chips - thanks

wizardoo, Jan 31, 5:37am
Bump I would like to know to. I did hear that the plastic they are made from is brittle.

lindylambchops1, Jan 31, 5:58am
My Aunt & Uncle bought one, but they have never commented on how it is.They just said they were yum chips!Am sure it doesn't hold many chips & takes quite a while for them to cook.Too expensive in my eyes.

makespacenow, Jan 31, 6:35am
Great.only one tiny spoonful of oil.but i got mine in the uk would not pay what they want gor it here.crispy chicken takes a while but tastes much nicer thsn kfc as not soaked with oil.

barterman007, Jan 31, 8:49am
inlaws bought us one for xmas.$399.00 chips,but yummy.cooks 1kg chips.no need to put in oil if you have frozen chips & only take 15mins to get yummy crunchy chips. I cook chicken nuggets, all my roast vege.quick & easy. You need plenty of cupboard space to store.

andrew499, Jan 31, 7:19pm
Unfortunately, the comment about the brittle plastic seems to be a fare one.however, i really enjoy the way the unit cooks, and as a blind person, i can now get evenly browned chips without having to worry about trying to turn them over.I know Briscos sometimes have them on special.

nzhel, Feb 1, 12:42am
We purchased one a few weeks ago from Briscoes when they were 'having a sale'. Very impressed with it and yes it only takes a tiny bit of oil to cook chips. The chips are supposed to be completely dry to crisp up and I do this with a paper towel or clean cotton teatowel. So far we haven't had 'crisp' chips but they are very nice all the same. It could be the type of potato I'm using. I also did 'roast' vegies - pumpkin, kumara and parsnip and they were very nice also. I have made one recipe from the book - again pleasant but it needs more fiddling with the ingredients to give it more flavour. I find its great to be able to have chips and 'roast' vegies without having to eat a lot of fat or oil. We have cooked enough vegies in it for four medium sized appetites if you know what I mean!