Crockery

Page 3 / 3
elliehen, Jan 12, 4:57am
I like this one too.I'd go further and, since you're starting anew post-earthquake, why not have an assortment of odd plates and cups for everyone.!

Why does everything have to match!

paul109, Jan 12, 6:18am
Get your hubby to buy his own breakfast set.

Or is that women's work!

seniorbones, Jan 12, 6:58am
poor hubby.I dont even get up in the morning, he just eats his toast off the bread-board hes buttered it on! lol. but on the weekends he has cooked sat and sun. Full english with our free range eggs on a WHITE plate and a 'real' coffee.

terraalba, Jan 12, 7:30am
Hubby gets his own breakfast at 6 am every morning and cooks breakfast when not going to work. He likes his solitude at that time. He would eat his breakfast off any coloured plate. The point of this was that he doesn't like red and yellow on crockery and I chose a set that had plenty of red and yellow and a bit of burnt orange to boot.
The set willl be fine for lunch etc but for breakfast it's a bit too loud.
No way am I getting him to chose crockery.He failed that test the last time we replaced the everyday crockery but it seems it is my turn to fail. I'd like to buy a nice set that has aesthetic and functional qualities.

Elliehen, I just wanted to get some nice stuff. What was smashed in February was an assortment that has survived over the years. Some newih and some ancient. A lot of it we didn't claim for as it was far too old. I've made do for over 40s and think it is time to include a bit of style.

duckmoon, Jan 12, 9:45am
I needed forty plates for a dinner. So went op shopping.much much more expensive than your free cycle, but I got them for an average of fifty cents a piece.They now live at the bottom of our linen cupboard. We have a mass-dinner-party once or twice a year