Anyone know of this yummy Rice Rossto salad!

petal89, Dec 23, 9:22pm
its called Florida Rice, you use a packet of chicken, or beef rice risotto, has chunks of cooked chicken (or ham) or both, pineapple, can add anything to it, does anyone know this recipe I did have it but for the life of me cant find it! Want to make it for Christmas please. I think also you use white vinegar and cider vinegar with it as well.

hanmer, Dec 23, 9:33pm
is this recipe not on ggl!try there.i've never heard of this risotto

petal89, Dec 23, 10:39pm
I did have a look for it on ggl but not sure what else it what be named! it is very very nice! either hot or cold you can throw in what ever suits as well. but worth a try I will keep looking for this book that it has it in and will put up for those to try :-)

petal89, Dec 24, 1:35am
I found it I found woop woop! well anyone give this a go its simple and so tasty and last for a good few days after cooking it, so nice if hot or cold! :-)

Florida Rice Salad

* 1 packet of Chicken or beef Rice Rossito (i prefer the chicken)
I cup chopped Ham (and or cooked chicken strips) can do both if you like or one or the other.
3 spring onions
1 small orange
1 small tin of pineapple
1 cup of mixed veggies

(You can basically throw in anything you like, red, green bell peppers, mushrooms may go with it nicely too.)

* Make up Rossito, as directed on the packet. Gently fry chicken till slightly golden, if using chicken). pre-cooked ham you wont need to heat or cook as the hot rice will warm it up. Add other ingredients,spring onions, 1 small orange (peeled), 1 cup of mixed veggies and tin of pineapple) any thing else you can add you can (ideas such as red onion, or anything that tickles your fancy).

2 tablespoons of cider vinegar and 3 tablespoons of soya oil (rice oil will go just as well) (wouldn't put olive in though). Shake vinegar and oil together pour into rice rossioto and cooked chicken and let sit for an hour.