Never underestimate toast!

Page 1 / 3
elliehen, Apr 5, 3:04am
Bumping for a Good Friday brunch of French Toast if you're not a fan of the Hot Cross Bun :)

http://southernfood.about.com/od/frenchtoastrecipes/r/bl30118b.htm

Happy Easter!

jimmy2102, Apr 5, 4:15am
Yum aranchini, we're having porcini risotto tonight, im gonna make exta so we can make these tomorrow, ill use clevedon buffalo mozzarella for the centre and roll in panko.

kinna54, Apr 5, 4:27am
Well I LUV crostini.(may I be forgiven for my sins, I luv bread, like I luv most foods all in sensible quantities) and oh yum elliehen.french toast.

As we were taught in our prayers.give us this day our daily bread.and if we get something yummy to put on top of it.even better!

And I will be having my share of all the yummy things.life's too short.

May you all have a yummy, happy, tummy filled easer.

elliehen, Apr 5, 4:49am
kinna, may you too have a yummy, happy, tummy filled Easter.You are so kind, wise and tolerant ;)

ferita, Apr 5, 6:37am
Fermented fish -- like thats better then crostini. I couldnt think of anything worse. Apart from the Clostridium botulinum risks, fermented fish can also have a build up of toxic biogenic amines e.g histamine

uli, Apr 6, 6:43am
Great to see you are bumping old threads ellie - which means you will now have to desist on telling me of for doing the same LOL :)

uli, Apr 6, 6:45am
Since I am not to invite you ferita - no problems there LOL :)
And in the last 20 years - no NZlander that ate it ever got sick either . so what does that tell you!

elliehen, Apr 6, 10:27am
Not bumping just for sport or stirring like you, uli.

I searched for an appropriate 'Toast' thread to post my link and this one was the most relevant.

motorbo, Apr 6, 11:47am
funny as thread where two boarders think they know it all once again

uli, Apr 6, 9:27pm
Ahhh - and who says that I bump "for sport" or for "stirring" - except yourself ellie!

jbsouthland, Apr 6, 11:38pm
packet of onion soup mixadd to melted butter . spreadevenly on thin white bread cut into triangles.slowly crisped in oven.sealed container.yummy with soups and for snacks for the kids.

uli, Dec 10, 2:37am
". Thinly sliced bread, either toasted or drizzled with olive oil and baked till crisp (crostini) is a godsend at this time of year."

And this is supposedly a GOOD and feted cook! YUCK!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm!c_id=6&objectid=10772046

buzzy110, Dec 10, 2:49am
Lol. I see he recommended battered and deep fried sushi. Yum - not. I'm in 2 minds about the breadcrumbed and deep fried rice rissotto balls but I'mdefinite about not cooking it with caramelised onion. I've always disliked carmelised onion -doesn't work as either a sweet or a savoury imo.

davidt4, Dec 10, 2:59am
He seems like a thoroughly nice man, and he writes well, but I've never fancied many of his recipes, and his various Auckland restaurants don't get particularly good reviews.

I wouldn't think that he actually writes that column in the Herald though.The advice in it is often pretty amateurish.

lythande1, Dec 10, 4:00am
Yuck! Whats wrong with crostini! I make it to have with the homemade pate.

sarahb5, Dec 10, 4:06am
Same - also delicious with nice ripe blue cheese or brie, or pesto, or any other dip you care to mention actually .

elliehen, Dec 10, 4:07am
I'll be an echo.what is wrong with crostini!

Is this propaganda from the anti-grain society!

margyr, Dec 10, 4:13am
They sound fine for the ! that was asked. And I have copied the rissoto balls recipe, will give them a try sometime.

davidt4, Dec 10, 5:08am
The problem with crostini (or even worse, toast)is that they go soggy almost straight away, but a lot of cooks think that they can assemble them in advance.When they were the height of fashionI used to make them for catering jobs and was always careful to assemble them only at the last minute - not very convenient.

bedazzledjewels, Dec 10, 5:15am
I prefer blinis to crostini. When you bite into toast it goes everywhere - sometimes!

sarahb5, Dec 10, 5:31am
Mine don't go soggy - in fact, I can store mine for at least a week in a Tupperware box.You're baking the bread until it's hard like croutons rather than making toast.

samanya, Dec 10, 5:43am
Just because it doesn't appeal to you .you & your mate have to knock!
Why!

uli, Dec 10, 7:12am
Well - if you think that ".Thinly sliced bread, either toasted or drizzled with olive oil and baked till crisp." is something that "APPEALS"then good luck!

elliehen, Dec 10, 7:14am
.and a bit of garlic!YUM!

skydancing, Dec 10, 7:35am
done with herbs on top of the olive oil is even yummier!