Tamarillos

Page 3 / 3
marte, Jun 8, 6:45am
Can people buy Tamarillios overseas! I allways wondered. Seems such a beautiful fruit for us Kiwi's to have all to ourselves. Could be the next 'Kiwifruit', ah, I mean next 'Kiwi'.

wron, Jul 5, 4:59am
Hi there ace10 Just been looking at your recipe for chutney - I'm going to make a batch tomorrow. You used a heck of a lot of tamarillos! Were they fairly small ones! I know they come in a wide variety of sizes from absolute monsters to teeny weeny ones. I've found several recipes - most call for 24 but don't specify size. Cheers, Bruce

karma07, Aug 21, 10:52am
Tamarillo's Yummy I have them on toast with a sprinkle of sugar for breakfast.

leebee35, Aug 25, 9:30am
I have a cook book that is from Malborough and it's all about Tamarillo's.I hunt it out and see if I can send you a link and or type a couple of fab recipes.

bev00, Aug 26, 9:10am
i had a tamarillo icecream today = to die for,

cookessentials, Aug 26, 10:01am
I have three Granny Smith Apples, 1x green packham pear and four tamarillos juiced.it's awesome

timturtle, Aug 26, 10:48am

motorbo, Aug 26, 11:39am
i will not be eating any this year.they cost 1 dollar each in WA.thats aussie 1 dollar!-
!

carlosjackal, Aug 26, 12:47pm
I adore Tamarillos poached/lightly stewed with rice pudding.

cookessentials, Aug 26, 6:34pm
That sucks motorbo. I am paying $9.95 a kilo. I dont buy too many and you only need one or two in a juice.

otterhound, Aug 26, 10:29pm
Tams seem to be in short supply this year (meaning bl**dy expensive!).Even our local tamarillo orchard has none for sale.Another nearby orchard seems to have lost all it's trees - they are all dying from what looks like some sort of disease.This time of year they're usually almost a staple diet for me!Have only had about a dozen so far cos they cost so much from the shops.

dinosaw1, Aug 27, 4:13am
Bump for ideas for dinner tonight