Purchasing Raw Milk (un-homogenized) in Wellington

boris001, Jun 21, 3:47am
I am keen to make mozzarella. It's recommended that raw milk (un-homogenized) is used. Apparently there are some brands of un-homogenized milk available at supermarkets. Can anyone let me know more about this, i.e., a brand name and if there is anywhere in the Wellington region that sells it. I guess my other option is to chat up a dairy farmer when I am in Taranaki in a few weeks.
Thanks
Thanks
Jojo

wheelz, Jun 21, 4:03am
i know countdown sells unhomogenised

fenian1, Jun 21, 4:41am
Unhomogenised milk can still be pasteurised At one time all milk for sale to the public had to be pasteurised it was illegal to sell it raw

mazzy1, Jun 21, 6:05am
You can buy whole milk for making mozarella at New World supermarkets (even in lil 'ol Alexandra!) I think the brand is Farmhouse or something, although there are a couple of choices available.

carbon_trader, Jun 21, 8:42am
or try Commonsense organics in Wakefield street

poppy500, Jun 21, 10:16am
x1
Raw Milk
Wellington: Organic dairy farm sells herd shares in a pasture-fed Jersey herd (mostly A2). Contact Susan Galea at susangalea@hotmail.com or Cedric Backhouse dekmatt@ihug.co.nz , http://realmilk.co.nz.
Un-homoginised milk (which is pasteurised, but the fat is not micronised and can still separate): any supermarket
Raw milk and un-homoginised milk are different things =)

boris001, Jun 22, 3:47am
I am keen to make mozzarella. It's recommended that raw milk (un-homogenized) is used. Apparently there are some brands of un-homogenized milk available at supermarkets. Can anyone let me know more about this, i.e., a brand name and if there is anywhere in the Wellington region that sells it. I guess my other option is to chat up a dairy farmer when I am in Taranaki in a few weeks.
Thanks
Thanks
Jojo

mazzy1, Jun 22, 6:05am
You can buy whole milk for making mozarella at New World supermarkets (even in lil 'ol Alexandra!) I think the brand is Farmhouse or something, although there are a couple of choices available.

claire, Apr 26, 7:13pm
Fresh farm milk Paraparaumu - 0272982468

guest, Jun 8, 2:46am
Hello
I am viewing this page on my Ipad but the adds are covering most of what is written which makes this page pretty unreadable. I just wandered if you knew about this and may be you would like to edit this page to make it readable.
Thanks
Christel Webb