OMG...I just made a slice

babytears, Jun 8, 8:13am
I was reading on here the other day...I came across Marshmellow slice... so having never made it before I decided to giv a go... I made a dark chocolate base, then a thin layer of raspberry jam.... then pink raspberry flavoured marshmellow on top... YUM! It's most probably definately been done before...but it's like Black Forest Marshmellow Slice... very decadent!

lindylambchops1, Jun 8, 8:47am
Awesome!Any chance of a photo?or even a piece????

maynard9, Jun 8, 8:58am
Or even better - the recipe......................

lindylambchops1, Jun 8, 9:57am
yes or that lol

babytears, Jun 9, 4:37am
I would love to send you a slice... it's great.... but here's the recipe instead...

Base:
125g butter
1/4 cup sugar
3TBs Cocoa
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 pkt malt biscuit
1 cup coconut (I didn't use as I didn't have any)

Heat butter, sugar, cocoa over low heat until butter melts - cool, then add egg and vanilla. Mix in biscuit crumbs and coconut, mix thoroughly... press into 20 x 30 sponge roll tin... my base was about 1/2cm thick. Let cool, I put mine in the freezer.

When cool spread a thin layer of raspberry jam over base... then the marshmellow as below

Marshmellow... as posted by juliewn

Place 1 cup cold water, 1 cup sugar and 1 & 1/2 tablespoons of gelatine in a saucepan.. bring to a boil slowly, stirring constantly until the sugar and gelatine have dissolved. Simmer 8 minutes without stirring. Remove from the stove and set aside to cool until it's just beginning to wobble a bit, like a half set jelly.
Place in a mixer bowl (or use a hand-mixer) and beat at the fastest speed until 'very thick' and the mix stays on a spoon when you turn it upside down.
Without stopping the beater, add a little food colouring and raspberry essence.

Spread quickly over the base

Let set and voila!

tessarosa, Jun 17, 10:22am
This is absolute luxury - the best comfort food ever!!

babytears, Jun 17, 9:36pm
Hehehe... did you make it?