Edmonds cookbook

Page 2 / 3
elliehen, Apr 25, 12:13am
Cooler weather is a great time to get the cooking urge.Hope you have a Rest Day now and then :)

angelbaby69nz, Apr 25, 5:13am
Day 2 (25/4/11)
Today is Anzac day (as well as Easter Monday!) so what more fitting than to make Anzac Bikkies, page 34. I have to say, I haven’t EVER made Anzac Biscuits but they are super quick and easy and I got an awesome result….although after reading a thread on trade me, perhaps I just got lucky??
I was going to make Hot Cross buns from the Edmonds book page24, but I was easily distracted by a thread, again, on trade me. “no fail” it says…..it seems, for me and a lot of other people, it would be correct.I used high grade flour because that’s all I had and yeast with a yellow lid, not the “red lid” the recipe calls for….i didn’t let it rise overly long and figured, I’d just chuck it in and hope for the best….4 people tried them and they all said they were pretty good, although hubby said they needed more spice….i did under measure the spice because I though a tablespoon of both mixed spice AND cinnamon seemed a lot, seems I was wrong. Given the circumstances I would say a positive result!
A better effort today than yesterday and feeling a little bit more motivated to try again…

jody23, Apr 25, 6:21am
ooh nice they look yummy!!Well done, whats next one the menu?

lynneandella, Apr 25, 6:22am
A great friend of mine Marty Smith was inspired by Julia and Julia and he worked his way through abour 135 recipes from The Kiwi Beer Lovers Cookbook - the project has grown into a project called Chefs for Compassion now run through the Salvation Army and they cook a gourmet meal for a family in need every fornight - they are looking for more people to do this around the country - it can be a one off or ongoingly and could even be just contributing time to help or ingredients to cook - a wonderful wonderful idea - he also takes his twins with him to help and to learn about compassion and kindness to others

bigcous, Apr 25, 7:13am
well done Tish, looking forward to see wat u cook the weekend of the 15th lol.keep it up my friend.

noelee, Apr 25, 7:28am
Just a query while we talking about Edmonds has anyone noticed the sponge recipe on the back box Edmonds Fielders Cornflour are the words getting smaller to read or is it me

kinna54, Apr 25, 7:46am
I wouldn't attempt all of them. Don't like some of the meat, fish and egg recipes, but would definitely make the cakes, bicies, desserts, puds, a work in progress. (recipes from the older editions are definitely the best!)

kinna54, Apr 25, 7:47am
Yep definitely. re the box recipe. I typed it out on my old typewriter years ago, and still have that tatty but treasured copy.

angelbaby69nz, Apr 25, 7:51am
Thanks! well since posting day twos goodies, i have actually added to it!Ill post back later and show you all about it! :)yay!

angelbaby69nz, Apr 25, 10:11pm
Day 2 cont.....So once my baking was done and dusted and all was cleaned up, I started dinner, which got me wanting to do something with the apples I have and since we have guests staying i thought it might be nice to make a dessert to go with my chicken soup starter and hubby’s steak meal, so off I went, to the index to “apples” Apple Aread…Apple Shortcake... Apple pie!! Yes, apple pie sounds divine! I prepared the apples as it said, but rather than make one big pie I decided to make 6 individual ones.What a hit! They looked gorgeous!It was hard straying from my usual recipe of bit of this spice, bit of that spice, butter, brown sugar etc…but they tasted pretty traditional, a lot like apple strudel mix I thought.
I passed the book to my friend and said, pick something, it didn’t matter what.She picked Gingerbread loaf page 29….could be interesting!

elliehen, Apr 25, 10:48pm
I want one....NOW ;)

angelbaby69nz, Apr 25, 11:08pm
we are all so full from dinner, i missed out on making pancakes! hahahaha will have to wait till Sunday, thats pancake day. I'd like to do some baking today, its wet and dreary and just plain crap.Ill do my errands and jobs and see how i go for time....

elliehen, Apr 26, 12:04am
Somewhat enigmatic comment.... Is this 'her indoors' or him outdoors talking?And is that him in the profile photo?

bigcous, Apr 26, 2:22am
wow the indiv apple pies look great, u r an inspiration

angelbaby69nz, Apr 26, 4:27am
rojill, i did say dinner was a disaster lol so i agree with the Blerk face! hahaha....

angelbaby69nz, Apr 26, 4:28am
Thanks, yeah they actually looked alot better than the piccie! i was quite chuffed with them given my limited cooking skills...

angelbaby69nz, Apr 26, 8:02pm
Day three....nothing. lol didnt want to fill up the biscuit barrell tooooooo quickly :D

norse_westie, Apr 26, 8:31pm
The Edmonds cook book is a standard birthday present for all 16 year olds I know, and I also give it as an engagement/kitchen tea party/house warming etc.
So many young people dont know the basics of cooking.

nojack, Apr 26, 8:52pm
Debbie does (or did) Edmonds:
http://debbiedoesedmonds.blogspot.com/

elliehen, Apr 27, 2:32am
She did well :)I liked the 1960s paisley dress, white boots and big hair she had to go with her 1960s recipes.

angelbaby69nz, Apr 27, 7:06am
Thats a good blog site, choice! ive signed up.Its been done, but im still keen to carry on.LOL

angelbaby69nz, Apr 27, 10:45am
WOOOO i just counted the recipes 499!Im in for a long road! HAHAHA tonight i updated the blog with belgium biscuits and raspberry jam :D

angelbaby69nz, Apr 29, 4:51am
i think everyone should do this!! its so much fun.~~

jody23, Apr 29, 5:55am
whats the link to your blog angelbaby?

angelbaby69nz, Apr 29, 7:26am