Anyone on optifast

Page 83 / 162
silverwolf, May 7, 6:29am
Finally my order arrived today and I did write them a stern email about the lack of service etc. The guy, George is not the most reliable and avoids answering emails - be warned might be cheaper but not worth the hassle. Will stick to Netpharmacy - reliable and efficient service. Well that is my rant over.hope everyone is ok. Bright Blessings,

gardie, May 7, 6:52am
Almost the end of day 7 on Opti again.Feeling great - can't believe how much more energy I have.If only I could remind myself of that when I am eating rubbish.Have had lazy veggies - (Frozen) Asian stir fry with garlic and mushrooms then stir though a little philly light cream cheese prior to serving.It is so simple and so very yum.The cream cheese is so fabulous that is almost tastes naughty - makes my veggies taste quite decadent.

gardie, May 7, 7:01am
Tonight (for the first time ever), I had soup for dinner.I made it up, chopped up some steamed brocolli and two tiny bits of chicken and stirred them in.(It was the vegie flavour).It was absolutely delicious and I feel like I've had a very satisfying dinner.

lynka1, May 7, 7:13am
Cool hope you've had a good day

rosie, May 7, 8:20am
Thanks lynka1 - I had an opti for breakfast then took a friend out for lunch and had a carrot salad and bowl of pumpkin soup which seemed to be mostly just mashed pumpkin without the cream or milk (phew) I turned down the lovely bread before it made it's way on to my plate. For dinner I had an opti blended with a kiwi-crush from the freezer, just made it nice and thick.Shame it is fruit!

lynka1, May 7, 9:30am
Hi Rosie sounds like you've had a really good day. Have you been hit by the burst of energy yet! Doesn't seem to have made it to my place yet! Are you weighing daily or holding out for weekly! I think my scales are on the blink cos they seem to be fluctuating quite a bit plus I can't remember exactly how much I was on Mon when I started! Oh well they say old age doesn't come alone! All the best for another good day tomorrow

dorothy_vdh, May 7, 7:41pm
morning ladies
I weigh myself everyday, I know that you are not suppose to but it always keeps me focused.
My scales lie, but I know that now and reduce what it reads by another 5 kilos.That was the difference between mine and the doctors.

Hope you both and anyone else lurking reading this thread has a great day

cookessentials, May 7, 7:43pm
I do too, that way I can keep an eye on it and it does not get away on we if I do have something off programme ( which is not too often) I have managed to maintain my weight so am happy.

silverwolf, May 7, 8:26pm
Back into Optifast again today so good to have my target back on plan --and during the time without the Optifast shakes I did not put on any weight so that was a bonus. How is everyone else going!

rosie, May 7, 8:31pm
lynka1 I can't say that burst of energy has hit me yet :)I am not weighing at all as I simply am too heavy.
I am getting into the swing of things nicely, it's a bit tough having to cook for the family and not sampling everything, cooking a meal for another family tonight - a roast with all the trimmings so that will test me resolve :)
Have a great day everyone

lynka1, May 7, 8:55pm
Morning all. Dorothy what bliss it would be to have scales that weigh 5kg light!I don't have any idea if mine are accurate or not but have just put new batteries in so we'll see what happens. Planning on a good day today but the weekends looming and with kids sports etc snacking is just so easy as you rush from one thing to another! Must go buy those bars today so I've got no excuse to stray! Still waiting on that energy burst lol. Hope you all have a great day
P.S. I'm with you Rosie cooking for everyone else is the pits when you can't have any. Roast.yum.one of my favourites.

dorothy_vdh, May 7, 9:38pm
how is everyone going this thread has been very quiet I have a dietitian appointment today. Since I started this weight loss journey I have lost 33.9 kilos so she should be happy with me. I seem to have got back on track,and mentally back in the right frame of mind to keep going, but sometimes it very hard. I just have to keep remembering where I want to be this time next year

puresteam, May 7, 9:38pm
Hi Silverwolf I get my optifast from dispensary firstI find that the cheapest as you don't pay postage I only now need to settle on it for more than a fortnight I give up to quickly

gardie, May 8, 7:01am
Tonight (for the first time ever), I had soup for dinner.I made it up, chopped up some steamed brocolli and two tiny bits of chicken and stirred them in.(It was the vegie flavour).It was absolutely delicious and I feel like I've had a very satisfying dinner.

silverwolf, May 8, 8:24pm
Hi Purestream Can you send the link to the page. I have looked up dispensary first and searched optifast but nothing comes up. Many thanks

silverwolf, May 8, 8:27pm
Ignore that. found a Mt Maunganui store and it has Optifast.closest one to me.Thanks for the 'heads-up' on the information. Have a great day.

rosie, May 9, 5:53am
lynka1 hope you are still doing well - I got some berry bars today and I find them very sweet but good to have for a change.
Last night I stir fried some brocculi, mushrooms, celery, onion and a tomato and sprinkled with a bit of fish sauce for flavour and it was delicious!
Hope everyone is doing really well!

puresteam, May 9, 5:59am
Hi Silverwolf yes that is the one and they send it to the south island for me very nice to deal with and I receive it within 2days I have 60kg to get off me, but I am under a dietition also

gardie, May 9, 6:13am
I must be the only oneon track at the mo.I know I post very irregularly when I am not doing well lol.

cookessentials, May 9, 7:25am
The cappucino bars are tasty as is the coffee shake.

lynka1, May 9, 8:36am
Hi Rosie so glad its all going well for you, I'n kinda doing ok too. Your veg fryup sounds good, might make it my mothers day treat for tomorrow! Thanks for the info on the bars cookessentials, never got round to buying them the other day and as I'm a bit of a coffee addict they might hit the spot nicely. Keep on keeping on everybody

daisygirl, May 9, 10:19am
Can you get the Peanut Butter Bars in NZ!

read-a-holic, May 9, 10:06pm
I have never used optifast before, where do I start, how does it work!

lynka1, May 9, 11:35pm
Hi there I just bought mine at the chemist they should explain it all to you and there is directions in the box. At this stage I'm just using the shakes but will get some bars this week. Doesn't taste the best (in my opinion) but you do get results. I started last Monday and have lost nearly 4kg mind you I have a lot to lose so might not be quite so good if you just want to lose a little bit. Not sure bout that . someone else might be able to tell you more. Look forward to seeing you in here sgain when. hope this is helpful

read-a-holic, May 9, 11:56pm
hey that is helpful thanks, do you replace one or two meals a day and have a low fat type meal at night!is that all there is to it or is there certain foods to stay away from like carbs etc!