Anyone on optifast

Page 82 / 162
dorothy_vdh, May 4, 9:57pm
No, I have never replaced 3 meals a day
I started off replacing breakfast with a shake and lunch with either a bar and shake with a piece of fruit as well.
Dinner was whatever we were having just tried making it healthier and smaller.
I bought the KISS recipe book and cooked meals from that.
If you enjoy dessert I have found that the ww tubs of puddings, ice cream, and cheesecakes are absolutely delicious
I'm sorry I honestly cannot tell you how long I replaced 2 meals with optifast.
I still have a shake for breakfast everyday and maybe 1 week a month I replace lunch now
I was under a dietician at the time and her biggest concern was that I would get bored with optifast, so we also included yoghurt and a healthy home made small(NOT TEXAN) muffin as a choice for lunch along with a piece of fruit
These days I really enjoy the rice cakes for lunch.
I very rarely eat bread now,in fact I don't have much in the way of carbohydrates at all. I have dramatically reduced my cheese intact. Cheese is/was my love, and I will admit I really miss it.Between my husband and I we used to eat a kilo block of tasty a week, now a kilo block of edam lasts about a month

We used to have takeaway once a week,no longer do that but when we do I usually try to have a kebab.
thispast weekend my dad passed away and we had fish and chips for dinner on Sunday. It made me so sick I haven't had deep fried for about 2 years now. Won't be doing that again in a hurry

lynka1, May 4, 11:07pm
So sorry to hear about your Dad. Answering trite diet questions must be way down your list of priorities at the moment. Thanks so much for the info/advice, will try and get the Kiss recipe book

mike547, May 5, 12:49am
great news Gardie, moving scales are a great incentive to keep focused.I am off to get some more bars this afternoon so will check to see if they have the coffee ones, I could always post you some if they do have them.

dorothy_vdh, May 5, 12:51am
its ok lynka, I don't mind. Means I can think about something else for a while
Dad has been very sick for a very long time, he is now at peace

mike547, May 5, 3:07am
Sunday did not go according to plan for me unfortunately.But been good since than, wasn't going to weigh myself until friday but couldn't resist this morning and have lost another 500 gms so pleased with that.
I bought some of the chocolate bars and actually find them really good, the vege soup is very nice too.The warehouse pharmacy hasn't had the berry ones or the chicken soup, has anyone had them and know what they are like

mike547, May 5, 6:46am
Gardie, they didn't have the coffee ones either, they just got an order in before I got there and no coffee ones

gardie, May 5, 6:50am
I don't particularly like the berry bars mike.I do get them occassionally for a change from the chocolate but they are quite different texture-wise too.They have a cereally like texture.My bad news today was that ibuy didn't get the cappuchio bars in - it was the coffee milkshakes!I cancelled my order unfortunately and will have to wait until the end of June apparently.Plain old chocolate for me.Almost out of them too so will have to order some more - radius pharmacy has free delivery over $50 yesterday so will have to see if they still have.My four days of Opti did not show one iota on the scales this morning - hopefully tomorrow will be different.I can certainly feel it in myself and that's the main thing.

silverwolf, May 5, 7:25am
Placed an order over a week ago with caringforyou.co.nzorder still has not arrived - service is pathetic. Anyone else have problems!

lynka1, May 5, 8:30am
Well Dorothy today has been a struggle, had a little(!) cheat at tea time but can't do anything about that now. It was so stupid just ate cos it was there! Have a posh dinner to go to up north next weekend so it will be a concentrated effort for the next 10 days. I'm off to drink a gallon of water now to try and fix the teatime disaster.

lynka1, May 5, 9:42am
Oops sorry don't know what happened there, a bit new at all this computer stuff! Very hard teaching this old dog new tricks!

gardie, May 5, 12:28pm
mike - the chemist told me that they changed the manufacturing plant to or from Germany or some such country and so there was a delay inshipping.Must be the same everywhere once old stock is sold out.
Went out to dinner and a show tonight with our school to Gengis Khan restaurant.It was so awesome cos I could stick with my low carb dinner!Might have to go there again.

whiskey13, May 5, 12:40pm
Hello everyone. I've gotten back into the swing of things now. The dog took me for a 55min walk today. LOL

dorothy_vdh, May 5, 8:13pm
happy this morning knew it was a kick start I needed, down 400 grams today

mike547, May 6, 12:47am
good on you Gardie for sticking to a plan.That is usually where my problems start, going out and not being able to just have what I would normally at home.Afraid I am not good at all when what I call yummy food is in front of me.temptation usually gets the better of me.BUT hopefully not this time around, all is good at the moment, except for having a bunch of grapes when I got home from work after midnight, did try to talk myself out of them but at least i wasn't tempted to get into the biscuits which is usually my first stop.

mike547, May 6, 6:46am
Gardie, they didn't have the coffee ones either, they just got an order in before I got there and no coffee ones

gardie, May 6, 6:52am
Almost the end of day 7 on Opti again.Feeling great - can't believe how much more energy I have.If only I could remind myself of that when I am eating rubbish.Have had lazy veggies - (Frozen) Asian stir fry with garlic and mushrooms then stir though a little philly light cream cheese prior to serving.It is so simple and so very yum.The cream cheese is so fabulous that is almost tastes naughty - makes my veggies taste quite decadent.

rosie, May 6, 9:51am
Hi everyone, what a wonderful supportive thread.I am planning on weightloss surgery soon but wanted to start on the opti now so I am two days in and still kicking :)I just wondered if any of the bars are nice tasting!

lynka1, May 6, 10:05am
Hi Rosie I'm a newbie at this too. Finding the drink hard enough to swallow so haven't tried any of the bars but I'm sure Dorothy will be able to help you out with that. How're you finding it! I'm on day three and am trying to take it 3 times a day til next weekend but don't know if I'll last that long! After that I'll go down to 2 and eat a small (!) tea. How long til your surgery! Thats a really brave step to take.

dorothy_vdh, May 6, 7:38pm
morning ladies.
You are very brave rosie, its not something I could do but in saying that my cousin has, just last December actually a week before Christmas. She is doing really well.

Right the bars.I have only tried 2 Chocolate and Berry Crunch
The chocolate one gives me a horrendous stomach ache really really bad, but they do taste quite nice
I really like like the berry crunch bars they are yum.
I haven't tried the coffee flavoured one as I don't like coffee.

What I particularly like with these bars this is vanity really they don't look like diet food so if you are eating them out in public its not obvious that its diet food

Lynka don't beat yourself up if you had a slip up, re your post a couple of days ago about dinnertime. None of us are saints.
What I found/find easier at dinner time was to actually serve the meals up before sitting down to eat. Not have dishes on the table that can be picked from just because there is something left on them.
I have to say I find preparing meals is my hardest time especially if I'm hungry that's when I pick.Especially if cheese is in the recipe.

Ladies if you have the right mind set that's the most important thing it does get EASIER.
You must remember it is a lifestyle change not just a temporary one and if you are anything like me, you will have the biggest high/ buzz when you go clothes shopping.I have dropped between 5 and 6 dress sizes just depend on the style.
If I can do anyone can!

rosie, May 6, 8:09pm
Thanks for that dorothy_vdh - I think I will order some from radius as it would be nice to whip out a normal looking something to eat when out with friends etc.
Lynka we are both on day three - you can do it! I have spent so many days procrastinating about starting it, sometimes we just need to get on with it :)I add extra vanilla essence to my opti sometimes.I am just hoping my new order arrives today as I have one sachet left but if not then I shall just eat veges today.

lynka1, May 6, 9:01pm
Good morning ladies, well the kids are off to school and coffee no 2 is going down quite nicely while I procrastinate bout mixing up the opti but I WILL do it as soon as I've finished this! Dorothy I am really looking forward to this all becoming easier kinda find that hard to believe at the moment but will experiment with some essences. Seem to remember doing that many years ago with ultradiet. Tasted the same (once tasted never forgotten). Tasted foul but really worked at the time. You ladies are probably to young to remember that. Rosie keep up the good work hope your stuff arrives today. Might go and get some bars it would be good to look *normal* when out! Just been buying mine at the chemist, is it much cheaper on line! I paid $59.95 for a box.Right off to make the opti am sure looking forward to the increased energy hitting lol. Might spend more time on housework etc instead of on line! Have a great day

dorothy_vdh, May 6, 10:23pm
down another 700 grams this morning

mike547, May 7, 12:47am
good on you Gardie for sticking to a plan.That is usually where my problems start, going out and not being able to just have what I would normally at home.Afraid I am not good at all when what I call yummy food is in front of me.temptation usually gets the better of me.BUT hopefully not this time around, all is good at the moment, except for having a bunch of grapes when I got home from work after midnight, did try to talk myself out of them but at least i wasn't tempted to get into the biscuits which is usually my first stop.

whiskey13, May 7, 2:04am
Bumping don't like seeing it on page two,loopymiss , just letting you know my goods arrived thank-you very much

rosie, May 7, 5:12am
Yay the Optifast arrived! :)