Anyone on optifast

Page 79 / 162
mike547, Apr 26, 11:00am
Had the vege soup tonight with my veges in it.Yum

mike547, Apr 26, 11:01am
Oh and I lost 3kg in the first week, guess it would have been more if I hadn't indulged on sunday.But I am very happy with that.Going to try for 2 this week.

brokenbutterfly, Apr 26, 12:05pm
well im at the end of my first week on opti, lost 4.8kg so im pretty stoked :) hope everyone had a good week

cookessentials, Apr 26, 7:13pm
Well done, that's a great loss.

dorothy_vdh, Apr 26, 7:26pm
well done mike

rhad, Apr 26, 10:42pm
Well it IS a "white powdery substance" ya know lol

whiskey13, Apr 27, 4:04am
Good Luck to everyone weighing in next week

mike547, Apr 27, 6:12am
Well Easter Sunday did not go according to plan, haha, not funny really.We had a horrible weekend with one thing and another.Had a houseful for the weekend and my granson who is six wouldn't sleep on the couch which was the only sleeping place left because of the easter bunny coming.So I slept on the couch then the 1 year old woke very distressed at the other end of the house and her mum was sick so I ended up with her on the couch with me and its not a very wide one, she took about 2 hours to go back to sleep, SOOOOO when my grandson came out to find easter bunny had been it wasn't too hard for him to feed me some of his caramel egg.Then out for lunch and didn't manage to stick to healthy eating.BUT monday was straight back on track.Today went and got some more choc optifast and a soup while it is still on special, and boy soup is going to be good on this cold and windy night.
Hope everyone else is doing good

kiwikid3801, Apr 27, 8:11am
Way to go mike. Keep it up.It 2 week post op I've lost about 14kg. I was worried it was coming off two fast. Dr said it was about normal. still using opitfast. start with the baby food in the next week. LOL.

mike547, Apr 27, 8:31am
wow, thats great kiwikid. Hmm baby food, choose something you know you will like, some of those are pretty yukky tasting, unless you are going to make your own, cause homemade baby food is yum. Keep up the good work, how much weight do you need to lose.I'm just hoping I can stick with optifast long enough to make a big difference to me.I can't believe how I haven't felt at all hungry between my shakes or soup.But then my weight problem hasn't come about by ever feeling hungry its always been just because I want to eat, and its always been sweet things, I can even tell myself over and over I am not hungry, don't eat, but my stupid mouth always wins.But so far not for the last week and a half.
I have been trying to lose weight since about sept last year.started every monday and sometimes lasted a week or so and then back to square one. Now I have only 10 months left to lose at least 20kg, my son is getting married in march next year and I don't want to be the fattest one at the wedding and I want to be able to buy and look nice in something new.I have lost 20 to 25kg before a few times but always put it back on, wish I could get my head sorted so I don't do it.Anyway, fingers crossed for a good outcome this time.Learning to not eat between meals, and maybe later always replacing a meal with optifast, lunch especially as it takes the options of what to eat away, when in a hurry on lunchbreak its very easy to grab bread based meals, if you know what I mean.OK enough raving on by me for now.

kiwikid3801, Apr 27, 10:27am
at the start of my weight loss journey i was 220kgs. now i am 119kgs. it will be hard by keep focused on what your goal is but i know you can do it. set yourself a physical goal that is achievable and you should have good results. if you would like to contact me to talk just let me know and i will give you my number.

mike547, Apr 27, 11:01am
Oh and I lost 3kg in the first week, guess it would have been more if I hadn't indulged on sunday.But I am very happy with that.Going to try for 2 this week.

dorothy_vdh, Apr 27, 7:27pm
well done brokenbutterfly, that kind of loss will give you the incentive to keep going.
I also had a good week last week, not as good as you, but then I don't expect to have that kind of loss anymore.

dorothy_vdh, Apr 27, 7:31pm
mike set yourself achievable goals, then reward yourself, NOT with food.
This is what I did, at first it was when I lost 5 kilos amounts then it became 10 kilo rewards.
When I lost 60 kilos I bought myself a ceylonese sapphire and diamond ring,

I would still like to lose another 7 kilos, nothing I'm doing at the moment is working. I knowI need to exercise but with having double knee replacements I'm very limited in what I can do.
Swimming is out in winter as our local pool is closed plus it always too cold in there. And yes I know there is walking I just have to motivate myself.I can't rotate one knee enough to ride a bike.
My problem now is I can buy fashionable clothing and lingerie so I'm happy with that

dorothy_vdh, Apr 27, 7:32pm
kiwikid thats a fantastic weight loss, before your surgery was your weight loss all due to optifast ?

silverwolf, Apr 27, 10:17pm
LMAO That is very good. very witty. Well my husband and I had a dinner party last night for his sister (it was her birthday on Anzac Day) - dinner was great but we over indulged big time - both of us had sore tummies last night. Not used to having large meals any more. Back to Optifast today.

silverwolf, Apr 28, 5:32am
bumping so we do not get lost hope everyone had a great weekend

mike547, Apr 28, 6:12am
Hi Dorothy, my ultimate goal is to have lost the weight before the wedding and of course keep it off.Oh I love jewellery, but really don't need anymore, no fingers for it to fit on, my son bought me a beautiful white gold and diamond ring for my 50th birthday, I also have my own rings and all my Mum's, so not much room left.I have to really save hard because the wedding is in South Africa.We are going to have a great time away as a holiday as well as the wedding.If thats not incentive enough for me I don't think anything will be, I have to do it for me and my son

mike547, Apr 28, 6:15am
Today I did feel hungry but had been out walking earlier so not sure if that was why.Treated myself to a zero coke and that fixed it, didn't eat.Have now had my soup and veges and feel great, off to work again tonight so that will keep me occupied until midnight, ha not much time for eating when I get home either, which is great.

gardie, Apr 28, 6:39am
Many years ago. in Australia, I tried a product called K28 which you went on for 28 days.Same idea - body goes into ketosis and to this day I remember how hungry I was.It was quite successful as a quick fix.I was wondering though if you could also use fruit alongside the veggies.Its the carbs that stop the ketosis process so do you think fruit would be OK too!

kiwikid3801, Apr 28, 7:08am
Yes Dorothy most of my weight came off with the help of Optifast. Now I've had the op I'm Setting myself some new goals. By the time Rounds the Bays comes next year I intend fit and take part. The Doctors want me down to 85kg by then.

dorothy_vdh, Apr 28, 7:27am
just bumping us back to the top for a while

silverwolf, Apr 28, 7:59am
Hi Gardie Yes you can have fruit - the items from the allowed list. To cure that hunger craving though have extra water.

kiwikid3801, Apr 28, 8:11am
Way to go mike. Keep it up.It 2 week post op I've lost about 14kg. I was worried it was coming off two fast. Dr said it was about normal. still using opitfast. start with the baby food in the next week. LOL.

mike547, Apr 28, 8:31am
wow, thats great kiwikid. Hmm baby food, choose something you know you will like, some of those are pretty yukky tasting, unless you are going to make your own, cause homemade baby food is yum. Keep up the good work, how much weight do you need to lose.I'm just hoping I can stick with optifast long enough to make a big difference to me.I can't believe how I haven't felt at all hungry between my shakes or soup.But then my weight problem hasn't come about by ever feeling hungry its always been just because I want to eat, and its always been sweet things, I can even tell myself over and over I am not hungry, don't eat, but my stupid mouth always wins.But so far not for the last week and a half.
I have been trying to lose weight since about sept last year.started every monday and sometimes lasted a week or so and then back to square one. Now I have only 10 months left to lose at least 20kg, my son is getting married in march next year and I don't want to be the fattest one at the wedding and I want to be able to buy and look nice in something new.I have lost 20 to 25kg before a few times but always put it back on, wish I could get my head sorted so I don't do it.Anyway, fingers crossed for a good outcome this time.Learning to not eat between meals, and maybe later always replacing a meal with optifast, lunch especially as it takes the options of what to eat away, when in a hurry on lunchbreak its very easy to grab bread based meals, if you know what I mean.OK enough raving on by me for now.