Does anyone have a ginger fudge recipe???

kimhalder, Mar 10, 12:51am
I am after a creamy ginger fudge recipe, haven't been able to find a good one... please help!!

elliehen, Mar 10, 12:57am
CREAMY FUDGE (with GINGER variation)
This is a no-beat never-fail recipe with a secret ingredient...Whittaker's white chocolate, resulting in a creamy fudge.

Bring to boil on medium heat stirring ALL the time:
1 cup brown sugar
125 gm butter (room temp so you're not starting from rock hard)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon golden syrup

Simmer on low for ten minutes, stirring ALL the time all around the pot to prevent little brown bits forming

Remove from heat and quickly stir in till melted 100 gms Whittaker's white chocolate broken up

Pour into 20 cm square tin lined with baking paper

Do not cut until completely cold, for neat edges (the chocolate needs time to set)

Store in the fridge

GINGER variation:
Put 1 tsp of ground ginger into the cooking mix at the beginning and add half a packet of chopped Tasti crystallized ginger along with the white chocolate at the end.

elliehen, Mar 10, 1:01am
Accidentally bumped the other thread where the recipe got a rave review ;)

kaddiew, Mar 10, 3:26am
Ginger Fudge - basic recipe; add chopped nuts or crystallised ginger if you like.
2 cups sugar; 50g butter; 1/2 tsp ground ginger; 1/2 cup milk; 1 tbsp golden syrup. Boil together 5 mins, beat a few mins until ONLY JUST starting to thicken, pour into small greased dish.

rainrain1, Mar 10, 5:58am
x1
I have a Ginger Ice Recipe

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 Tblsp golden syrup
50 grams butter
1 teasp ground ginger
Place all ingredients in pot and stir till boiling.Boil for 4 minutes (time carefully). Remove from heat and beat till thick. Pour into greased tin (20cm square) Cut while hot

we_egg, Mar 10, 8:03am
last Sunday I made ellies russian fudge which is very very similar to her ginger fudge and it was delish....

kimhalder, Mar 11, 12:51am
I am after a creamy ginger fudge recipe, haven't been able to find a good one. please help!

elliehen, Mar 11, 12:57am
CREAMY FUDGE (with GINGER variation)
This is a no-beat never-fail recipe with a secret ingredient.Whittaker's white chocolate, resulting in a creamy fudge.

Bring to boil on medium heat stirring ALL the time:
1 cup brown sugar
125 gm butter (room temp so you're not starting from rock hard)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon golden syrup

Simmer on low for ten minutes, stirring ALL the time all around the pot to prevent little brown bits forming

Remove from heat and quickly stir in till melted 100 gms Whittaker's white chocolate broken up

Pour into 20 cm square tin lined with baking paper

Do not cut until completely cold, for neat edges (the chocolate needs time to set)

Store in the fridge

GINGER variation:
Put 1 tsp of ground ginger into the cooking mix at the beginning and add half a packet of chopped Tasti crystallized ginger along with the white chocolate at the end.

elliehen, Mar 11, 1:01am
I'm going to try a Maple-Walnut variation next, with Pure Maple syrup and new season's walnuts.

we_egg, Mar 11, 8:03am
last Sunday I made ellies russian fudge which is very very similar to her ginger fudge and it was delish.