Awesome birthday cake maker

diz_fullah, Mar 7, 8:05pm
in rotorua. Anybody know of any? ?

camrob, Mar 7, 10:51pm
Take 1 kg of fruit and soak in 2 cups of black tea (a herbal tea e. g. ginger is good, or Earl Grey). Next morning add 2 cups flour 2 teaspoons mixed spice, 2 teaspoons baking powder (sifted together) and add one beaten egg. Spoon into a well greased and lined tin and bake at 150c for about 1 hour. Watch it closely. You will need a 21cm circumferance pan.

bluetigerrr, Mar 7, 11:27pm
Haha ... like that response camrob ... very encouraging and creative! Is this a moist cake btw? It sounds amazing - is it?

snapit, Mar 7, 11:58pm
This trademe recipe forum member is not in Rotorua but I think poster 1 wants someone who can make her an awesome birthday cake.
Have you checked out the bakeries and even the supermarket bakeries I have seen notices in some of the s/ms I visit that cakes can be made to order.

bluetigerrr, Mar 8, 12:09am
http://www.capers.co.nz/cakes. asp

alebix, Mar 8, 12:20am
The cheesecake shop... . they have really nice cakes as well as the decorating stuff as well.

camrob, Oct 10, 6:50pm
blutigerrr, the fruit cake I posted is good, it is moist and low cholesterol and suitable for diabetics, as it contains no butter or sugar. Any one could make it, why get a bought one. It can be iced in the usual manner with marzipan and royal icing and would make a good Christmas cake.