Have 1/2 tin of evaporated milk,

korbo, Oct 12, 8:34am
what could i use it for.

talent.scout, Oct 12, 8:51am
I love rice pudding, that has evaporated milk added to the milk before baking.The more evaporated milk - the yummier the pud.

auntlb, Oct 12, 8:53am
chill the milk and then whip it together with a raspberry jelly that is just about to set - still wobbly but not 'set' and place in fridge.Yummy frothy pudding

ed65, Oct 12, 9:19pm
Butter chicken. Yum!

cookessentials, Oct 12, 9:41pm
yep, me too. Always use a can of evaporated in rice pudding, makes it so creamy.

ed65, Oct 12, 9:44pm
Lisa Williams' Butter Chicken (approved by the National Heart Foundation)

Ingredients: 2 T canola or rice bran oil; 1 onion finely diced; 1 clove garlic crushed and chopped; 2 chicken breasts, diced, 1/2 t each ground ginger, chilli, turmeric, cinnamon; 1/2 cup evaporated milk; 1-2 T tomato paste;1 t honey; 1/2 t garam masala

Method: Heat oil in a large non-stick pan then add onion and garlic and cook until soft but not browned. Cut the chicken into cubes and add to the onion mixture. Combine ground spices and sprinkle over chicken. Toss the chicken in the spices until evenly coated.
Cook the chicken, stirring frequently, until golden. Stir in evaporated milk and tomato paste. Cover and simmer for about 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, then stir in the honey and garam masala to taste. Serve with rice.

I also make a vegetarian version with potatoes, cauliflower, etc. The sauce is delicious.

petal1955, Oct 13, 2:32am
Make some Southland Cheese Rolls with it
Cheese Rolls
Southland Version

375ml can evaporated milk
Pkt onion soup mix
Finely chopped onion

1-1/2cups grated cheese
Loaf sandwhich bread

Mix the first 3 ingredients in pot cook slowly over a low heat, just until cheese has melted, stir constantly, let cool( this makes it easier to spread ),spread on bread and roll, brush with melted butter and freeze, then all you need to do is take out how many you want and grill.

I make it go a little further by adding more cheese, then you get more rolls.

SOUTHLAND CHEESE ROLLS

2 cups grated cheese (I use tasty),
425g tin of evaporated milk,
1 pkt onion soup and a knob of butter.
Melt all those ingredients together over a low heat and then spread thickly on bread and roll up. These can be frozen as they freeze really well. Then pop in a hot oven and bake for about 10-15mins till brown.

korbo, Oct 14, 6:46am
thank you all for the suggestions.

bisloy, May 31, 10:53am
I keep hearing of this myth - LEFTOVER condensed milk???? I've said it before, I'll say it again. Place in the freezer until you can't stand knowing its there anymore, then use a spoon to eat the lot - maybe have a coffee with it! Yum YUm!