Chocolate cake recipe please

courtney2004, Jan 20, 1:06am
I am after a rich chocolate cake but like the ones that you get done by bakers etc I think an oil based one! they are quite moist etc as well. A bit tired of the old basic one!

sarahb5, Jan 20, 1:35am
Loads on here - put a search in the left hand side and use chocolate cake as the keyword and change the date posted to last year - I think Dana's chocolate cake is the one that uses oil but I could be wrong

245sam, Jan 20, 8:04am
courtney2004, have a look on the following link look for Lisa Templeton's recipe:-

http://www.foodlovers.co.nz/forum/read.php!3,6882,6886#msg-6886

I absolutely recommend this recipe - I have used it for a birthday cake and the leftovers do freeze well too, in fact after 3 months in the freezer the cake (and its ganache icing) was just as good as if freshly made. :-))

courtney2004, Jan 20, 8:10am
Oh thanks so much! I am going to have to make this one! I am wondering if I just get a can of coke that would work!

Also could someone share the ganache icing recipe I have never made it but have tasted it and its yummo

sarahb5, Jan 21, 1:04am
I made the coca cola chocolate recipe for my son's 15th birthday - it was yum and I don't even like coke!It wasn't as sweet as I expected either.I use a very basic ganache recipe that's on the Countdown website - can't remember it off-hand though

bev00, Feb 8, 10:43am
150gms dark chocolate
1/2 cup cream
25gms butter
chop chocolate finely,put in a bowl.Boil cream & pour over chocolate.Stir until melted, add the SOFT butter.Mix until smooth. Best chocolate icing ever.

Quotesnipz (296 )

bev00, Feb 8, 10:48am
And if you want another way to dress it up, cut up a chunky size chocolate bar, melt it slowly and carefully either in the microwave or on top of a double boiler and add a pottle of sour cream (light sour cream works too) stir and ice your loaf with it - yum

Quotemartine5 (391 )

bev00, Feb 8, 11:31am
My fav, quick n easy one is Aussie Womens weekly Family Choc Cake. Large cake, great for partys but you could halve it.
2 cups water
3 cups caster sugar
250gm butter
1/3 cup (35gm) cocoa powder
1 tspn baking soda
3 cups self raising flour
4 eggs, lightly beaten

Preheat oven 180C. Grease deep 26.5cm x 33cm baking dish, line base with paper (i use roasting dish).
Combine water, sugar, butter and combined sifted cocoa and soda in a medium saucepan, stir over heat without boiling until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Transfer to large mixing bowl. Cool to room temp (if in a hurry put bowl in sink of ice cold water and stir gently).
Add flour and eggs to bowl beat with electric mixer until mixture is smooth and changed to a paler colour. Pour into prepared dish.
Bake for about 50 minutes. Stand for 10 minutes and turn out onto wire rack. Turn cake top-side to cool,
CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING
90gm butter 1/2cup caster sugar
1/3 cup water
Combine in a small pan, stir over heat without boiling til sugar dissolves. Sift 1/3 cup cocoa and 1 1/2 cups icing sugar into small bowl then slowly add hot butter mix. Cover and fridge for 20 mins or til thickened. Beat with wooden spoon til spreadable!
Enjoy!
Also Annabel Langbein Chocolate Cake is really good - very dense, dark and good!

Quoteandi11 (94 )1:49 pm, Mon 7 Feb #3
This one is sooooo easy, I copied it off here and best of all its made in one bowl and its failproof!

Chocolate Mud Cake

3.5 c flour
3.5 c sugar
3 t/s Baking powder
1.5 c cocoa
1 cup oil
2 cups milk
3 t/s baking soda
1 t/s salt
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of boiling water (added at end)

Put all ingredients (except for the water) in a large bowl mix well to a batter. add boiling water and mix till smooth bake in the over at 160 for 1hr. you can split the mix and make two smaller cakes or make 1 smaller cake and put the rest into muffin tins the choice is completely up to you. this is an excellent cake if you have a large family or just want to impress people. gets moister by the day so stays nice and fresh very simular to mud cake.

Quotehooksie60 (137 ) 2:27 pm, Thu 29 Oct #1

Quotevintagekitty (1608 )3:25 pm, Mon 7 Feb #6
sooooooooooooo easy, and so far hasnt failed for me (im not much of a baker). makes a very moist dark cake

(into a kitchen wizz)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup yogurt (i find a pottle of fresh and fruity type best, especially berry)
2 eggs
2 tablespoons cocoa
100g melted butter
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup of hot coffee (yep make it strong) add last!
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon of vanilla

beat in mixer 1 minuite, scraping sides
throw into a tin, bake in oven 160 deg 1/2 - 3/4 hour! enjoy

Quotebopgal (93 )4:08 pm, Mon 7 Feb #7