Cheese cake

lawz_21, Sep 19, 4:03am
Im after a healthy (as healthy as you can be) recipe for cheesecake
or an easy recipe thanks.
Never tried to make one before

samsnan, Sep 19, 4:07am
Heaps of recipies on the left here in the search box. Good luck

245sam, Sep 19, 4:10am
lawz_21, here's a very easy recipe for an unbaked cheesecake; however I'm not sure that very many, if any, cheesecakes would fit into the classification of being "healthy" although all things in moderation, an occasional piece of cheesecake surely can't be too unhealthy.

HEAVENLY CHEESECAKE
This is the recipe from my very first attempt - a very successful one! - at making a cheesecake - it's always popular whenever I make it so I hope you will enjoy it too.

Crumb Crust:
1 packet plain biscuits, crushed
170g butter, melted

Combine the biscuits and butter, then spread evenly into a 22·5cm (9”) springform tin and up the sides. Chill while preparing the Filling:
1 tbsp gelatine
250g cream cheese
¾ cup sugar
3 eggs
¼ cup each of water, lemon juice and milk
pinch salt

Blend the gelatine with the water and lemon juice, then set it aside. Combine the cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, beaten egg yolks, milk and salt. Cook over simmering water for 10 minutes, then blend in the gelatine mixture. Cool the mixture.
Beat 3 egg whites, gradually adding the remaining ¼ cup sugar, until soft peaks form. Fold this into cheese mixture and pour the filling carefully into crumb crust. Refrigerate.
If desired, pile whipped cream on top and serve as a dessert or as a cake with coffee.
This is nicest at least 1 day old, and freezes well too.:-))

lawz_21, Sep 19, 4:13am
thanks for that think il give it a go.the plain biccys can they be malt!
And is it just a plain flavour or could you maybe add some berries in!

angel404, Sep 19, 4:34am
The one i make has the same base as above but the filling is 1 cup of yoghurt beaten with 1 tin of sweetened condensed milk then slowly add in some gelatin (2tsps mixed with a few tablespoons of water cooked over a low heat until dissolved). Once the yoghurt, condensed milk and gelatin are all mixed together then pour on biscuit base and leave to set in the fridge.

245sam, Sep 19, 5:23am
lawz_21, I never have used malt biscuits for this cheesecake but I see no reason why you couldn't/shouldn't use malt biscuits for it.

I guess the flavour could be described as being "plain" but with a light lemon flavour.If you have berries available I would suggest that you serve the cheesecake as is but with a berry couli as an accompaniment.

Hope that helps.:-))

bridget107, Oct 13, 4:14am
Definitely not healthy.but well worth making :-)http://aftertasteblog.wordp-
ress.com/2011/11/28/kahlua-and-
-mars-bar-cheesecake/

bridget107, Oct 13, 4:14am

mypeaches, Oct 13, 4:27am
I use, 'malt-o-milk' biscuits, crushed, add meltd butter for base. chill.
Then beat 250g cream cheese until smooth, slowly add 2/3 cup cold milk, beat in 1 packet instant pudding (instant dessert), spoon over base, chill.
yummy :-)
best bit is you can change flavour, we've had banoffee, choc, raspberry, vanilla .