1/2 can of con milk and not much butter ?

anne1955, Jun 2, 7:12am
I am running out of butter have cheap and nasty mar.well spread not marg as such and a little over 1/2 tin of con milk what can I make for the biscuit tin please.a slice or something think there's only a couple of eegs as well.Plenty of plain flour and bits and bobs like coc And sweet treats that can be made on the cheap with what I have would be wonderful.I am so over trying to live on min wage.thanks will check back later.Anne

gardie, Jun 2, 5:59pm
You could make bikkies.
125grams butter/marg - 1 cup sugar (you can substitute some with condensed milk (I do sometimes to use up a tin).Cream together, add 1 egg then 1 1/2 cups flour and 1 tsp Baking Powder.Spoonfuls onto a cold greased tray then 150deg for 20 minsor 180 deg for 15 mins (I prefer long and slow for the crispiness).
This is a basic recipe.You can add chocolate chips, sultanas, cocoa (a bit less flour if you do this), cranberries and white chocolate (luxurious) - chopped nuts - anything really!

And if you don't use the condensed milk, it stores really well in the freezer in the tin covered with gladwrap or inside of a small plastic bag.

groomingtools, Jun 4, 11:12pm
Sydney Special - doesn't need icing and I have microwaved it, 4-5mins on high.
1c flour1tsp vanilla
1c coconut5ozs butter
1tsp B Powder4 crushed weetbix

Melt 3/4c sugar and 2dsp G Syrup add dry ingredPress into tin and cook 350 (180) 20 mins

Weetbix Deluxe

3 weetbix1c flour
1c coconut3/4 c sugar
1tsp B Powder125g melted butter
Mix butter into dry ingred press into tin and cook 180C 15 mins

1/2 can condensed milk 1TB butter 1 1/2 Tb G Syrup

Warm and blend together thenpour over base and return to oven for 3 mins.Ice with choc icing.

These are two of my favourite quick and easy bars

kinna54, Jun 5, 1:13am
try this one: I buy the el cheapo biccies for this: budget round wine around $1.20 at PNS.
Can make any flavour i.e leave out sultanas and vanilla, add lemon zest, juice, and turn it into lemon slice etc, just use your imagination.

*The biscuit cake*

Ingredients:

250gwine biscuits
1/2 cup cornflakes
1/2 cup sultanas
125g butter
3-4 TBSPS condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method:

Crush wine biscuits and cornflakes finely.
To this add the sultanas .
Melt together butter, vanilla essence and condensed milk.

Add this to the dry mixture and blend together well.

Press into a swiss roll tin.

Ice with chocolate or flavoured icing.

kinna54, Jun 5, 1:24am
Also your el cheapo spread is fine to use in biscuits and slices. Won't make a lot of difference in there, although cakes are a bit different. (texture wise.)
You could also try a caramel slice: *type in search * or neenish tarts.attached:
Neenish tarts:
125gms, butter,(or spread)125 gms sugar, 1 egg, 225 gms flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/8 tsp salt.
Beat butter and sugar, add egg and beat well. Mix in sifted dry ingredients, knead well. Roll out and line patty tins, prick, and bake for about 10 -15 mins at 180 deg.
when cool fill with the following filling;
mix together until smooth: 2/3 cup icing sugar, 1/3 cup condensed milk, 3 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp lemon zest. Fill cases and when set ice the tarts with half lemon and half choc icing.

jessie981, Jun 5, 1:28am
Tip C.M into a bowl, add coconut to bind, vanilla essence & sultanas (opt). No set amounts, just makes to what you have the most of.
Drop in tspfuls on baking tray & bake 15 - 20 mins (approx) till slightly brown @ 160. Come out yummy & slightly chewy.

kinna54, Jun 5, 1:40am
And these are another one for when there is little in the house:

Easy Peasy Crunchy Peanut Butter Biscuits

1 cup crunchy Peanut Butter
3/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 egg

Preheat the oven to 170degC
spray a baking tray **really well*** with cooking spray or grease well with butter or margarine., or use well greased baking paper on the tray.

Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix or beat well together until combined.

*hint if no caster sugar use ordinary sugar, but pop it into a whizz or blenderfor 1 min orbeat it alone for 1 min or pop in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin until it is fine*

Place rolled balls of mixture ontothe tray and flatten with a wet fork,leaving plenty of room betweeneach biscuit as the biscuits spread a lot.

Cook for 15-20mins until light golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes,then remove from the paper and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.

* Biscuits will crisp
as they cool down*

goldgurl, Jun 5, 1:42am
ditch the sugar.grab a spoon and a blankie, get comfy in your favourite spot.enjoy the condenced milk lol

guest, Mar 20, 11:28pm
- Haha! That's a great site, Hillary! Some of these trends get exhsiatung. Too bad a lot of them are good ideas. The world is moving so fast though, hard to get genuinely fresh ideas.

guest, Mar 22, 11:36am
Jul10 Run the race as to win; to receive the prize. I think we foregt sometimes that when we serve God from the heart, we are storing up for ourselves treasures in heaven. I don't want to be like someone barely escaping the flames. May I renew my mind daily to run the race with vigor, spurned on by the Love that God has for me.