Foolproof Chocolate Cake Recipe Needed

charmed14, Mar 19, 12:38am
I have been asked to make one for a birthday so need a recipe with quantities for a 12 inch cake

pheebs1, Mar 19, 12:43am
"I make this once a week makes a small rosat pan size cake

3.5 c flour
1.5 c sugar
3 t/s Baking powder
1.5 c cocoa
1 cup oil
2 cups milk
3 t/s baking soda
1 t/s salt
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of boiling water (added at end)

Put all ingredients (except for the water) in a large bowl mix well to a batter. add boiling water and mix till smooth bake in the over at 160 for 1hr. you can split the mix and make two smaller cakes or make 1 smaller cake and put the rest into muffin tins the choice is completely up to you. this is an excellent cake if you have a large family or just want to impress people. gets moister by the day so stays nice and fresh very simular to mud cake.
Quote hooksie60 (129 ) 2:27 pm, Thu 29 Oct #1"

pheebs1, Mar 19, 12:45am
i dont know about size but for me this recipe makes 2 large 23 inch cakes and a loaf tin
or a roasting dish size
or 1 cake and 24 muffins
and they freeze well

its a very wet mix so dont be alarmed
its dark without being sickly and i get soooooo many comments on it
i have made it ever since i found hooksies recipe

angel404, Mar 19, 1:23am
I make this cake. Makes 1 cake in a standard cake tin.

1 and 3/4c flour
2c sugar
3/4c cocoa
2tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
2 eggs
2tsp vanilla essence
1c coffee (1 heaped tsp instant coffee in 1 cup hot water)
1c milk
1/2c oil

Mix altogether in a large bowl with electric beater.
Bake at 180degrees for 45mins (approx).

Mixture is runny.

donna_jo29, Mar 19, 3:07am
i made this: after trying for 2 years! its just
75grams butter, 1 cup of sugar, 2 eggs, 2tbspns cocoa, 1 cup of self raising flour, and half a cup of yoghurt, ( for a strawberry tasting cake) use strawberry. blend or whisk All for 3 mins.
170-180deg for 40minutes in 20cm pan. i would make 2 batches to lie on top of each other as they are quite small/flat. use choc butter cream, flatten on top then use a icing bag make whirls around the edges, i made this last night. its very moist cake.sweet and very strawberry.

bev00, Mar 19, 10:12am
recycling for choccy cake lovers .

trigal1, Mar 19, 10:41am
Curious to know: how does this one work out! I recognise it as Jo Seager's recipe which I found in a cook book "pure indulgence" a few days ago.Tempted to try the next time the choc cake lovers come for dinner.
To date have never found a decent choc. cake recipe that doesn't contain actual chocolate.

purpleangel11, Mar 20, 2:40am
The Annabel Langebein one is awesome its on her website

bounce16, Mar 20, 2:42am
My fail safe choc cake recipe is the one egg chocolate sponge from the edmonds book.

june126, Mar 20, 3:28am
A great recipe is Sophie Gray's chocolatecake from the Destitute Gourmet which can be found from google.Everything is put into a kitchen whizz, blend till mixed (or can be done with a cake mixer), the pour into a 20 - 23 cm round tin if you want a really deep cake and bake for about 50 mins.Made this last night as a fellow worker had a birthday today, every one commented on how nice and moist it was.

guest, Apr 6, 7:06am
lEUkUa pqventifsapy

guest, Apr 6, 7:06am
EHS8e6 fzkcnjjzximw

guest, Mar 20, 11:51pm
BS low - ratilnaoity high! Really good answer!

guest, Mar 22, 11:37am
This "free sharing" of inofamrtion seems too good to be true. Like communism.