Spray cleaning recipe... sorry can't find it

arcane1315, May 12, 8:26pm
It has washing soda, vinegar, water.... oil of some sort..... Ican't find
the recipe on here - does anyone have it handy please?

malcovy, May 12, 8:33pm
I think it is page 18 of the budget thread.If you type in washing soda to keyword ie to the left and then the last 7 days, then the budget thread will come up

arcane1315, May 12, 9:18pm
aarghh... still can't find it.Can some nice person please type it in here for me.... we are in Rarotonga living, and I only get to use the net at work - (for the next 1/2 hour)..... and the price of spray n wipe here is diabolial - $9.50 a bottle!!!Many thanks

245sam, May 12, 9:20pm
Here you are arcane1315, boatboy10's SPRAY AND WIPE.....
"It's amazing!!I have used on all kitchen/bathroom surfaces, windows, mirrors, walls - it's fantastic.Can also use on clothes as stain remover."

1 litre water
200ml vinegar
40ml each ofdish detergentandeucalyptus oil
2 dssp washing soda crystals

Mix together, put in a spray bottle and use, or add 60ml to a bucket water and use for floors.:-))

pickles7, May 12, 9:50pm
eucalyptus oil is toxic to animals, leave out if this could be a problem, I think tea tree oil is toxic as well, maybe someone else can comment on that.

arcane1315, May 12, 9:51pm
thanks sam!!just in time to go home and make up.My house shall be clean again...... cleaning over here is diabolical... you do it in the morning, and then you have to do it again in the afternoon..... must be the humidity or something, I don't know.

arcane1315, May 12, 9:52pm
oops... just read about the eucalyptus oil... don't want to kill the mokos (lizards).... I love having them inside.... hmmm... guess they will have to learn to walk around where I clean - since half the mess on the walls is theirs anyways, LOL.

arcane1315, May 13, 8:26pm
It has washing soda, vinegar, water. oil of some sort. Ican't find
the recipe on here - does anyone have it handy please!

arcane1315, May 13, 9:18pm
aarghh. still can't find it.Can some nice person please type it in here for me. we are in Rarotonga living, and I only get to use the net at work - (for the next 1/2 hour). and the price of spray n wipe here is diabolial - $9.50 a bottle!Many thanks

245sam, May 13, 9:20pm
Here you are arcane1315, boatboy10's SPRAY AND WIPE.
"It's amazing!I have used on all kitchen/bathroom surfaces, windows, mirrors, walls - it's fantastic.Can also use on clothes as stain remover."

1 litre water
200ml vinegar
40ml each ofdish detergentandeucalyptus oil
2 dssp washing soda crystals

Mix together, put in a spray bottle and use, or add 60ml to a bucket water and use for floors.:-))

arcane1315, May 13, 9:51pm
thanks sam!just in time to go home and make up.My house shall be clean again. cleaning over here is diabolical. you do it in the morning, and then you have to do it again in the afternoon. must be the humidity or something, I don't know.

arcane1315, May 13, 9:52pm
oops. just read about the eucalyptus oil. don't want to kill the mokos (lizards). I love having them inside. hmmm. guess they will have to learn to walk around where I clean - since half the mess on the walls is theirs anyways, LOL.

survivorr, Sep 19, 7:57am
Could you tell me if that's malt vinegar, white vinegar.or does it not matter.Thanks.

245sam, Sep 19, 11:28am
survivorr, I use white vinegar and always have so I can't tell you if it really does make any difference when made with malt vinegar BUT if using it as a prewash spray for clothes then IMO there is only one obvious choice - white vinegar - just in case the malt vinegar left its own stain on the clothing.:-))

lilyfield, Sep 19, 8:30pm
a very diluted version of Handy Andy works just as well

schnauzer11, Sep 20, 9:21am
For general kitchen-cleaning I make up a 500ml spray-bottle with about 80ml ammonia,a good squirt of detergent,and fill with water.Works a treat,and costs almost nothing.

earthangel4, Sep 20, 8:34pm
HI ,I would like to try this,have not seen soda crystals around,but have not looked either,does the supermarket have them please.!

245sam, Sep 20, 10:02pm
Hi earthangel4, yes.most supermarkets do have washing soda crystals - I find them in close proximity to the Persil, etc. powders and I believe that Bin Inns also have washing soda in one of their bins.

At the supermarket the washing soda is usually found in a 1 Kg plastic container - I'm finding that it lasts for ages and from memory I think mine cost around $4.It is 'greenwoods' brand and the container is mostly white with a blue and white label and a yellow lid.

Hope that helps.:-))

earthangel4, Sep 20, 11:19pm
Thanks so much.

lilyfield, Sep 20, 11:52pm
I dilute sugarsoap in water. works just as well as anything else. One tablsp. per litre

survivorr, Sep 23, 6:48am
Yes.245sam is right about where the crystals are . I'd never ever heard of them let alone seen them in the supermarket but when I went the other night .there they were.close to Persil etc.Am going to try cleaning the windows tomorrow.although I did them last weekend . and you would never know!Sob!Am just curious to know how well the mixture works.

holly-rocks, Sep 23, 7:02am
This is not whatyou are after but still a really good all purpose spray :) Spray n wipe ~ 1tsp of banking soda, 1tsp of dishwashing liquid ( can also add essential oil, eg lemon ect ) full your empty spray n bottle with warm water, shake and start straying. This is the BEST spray n wipe i have ever used!.super cheap too.