I am getting married next weekend and we are

Page 2 / 2
cookessentials, Jan 24, 8:38pm
Congratulations, hope it is a memorable day. One piece of advice which someone gave to me was to stop often and observe the day because it goes in such a blur and by stopping and observing what is going on around you makes for some wonderful memories. As for food, we do have a parties,weddings and gatherings thread here somewhere with a great selection of hot and cold canapes as well as meals for crowds.

darlingmole, Jan 24, 9:29pm
What about making a large roasting dish bacon and egg pie (with onions/tomatoes/spring onions/grated cheese etc), let it go cold, refridgerate for easy cutting, then cut into small square bite sizes the same size a small cracker ... that should be cheap, tasty and stretch out a bit?What I always love nuts of any description too - bowls of them placed around the place, and fresh vegetable stix served with different dips.Mini meatballs and dipping sauces?
I really hope you have a fantastic day but more importantly a long and loving marriage (with heaps of blessings and kids!)

darlingmole, Jan 24, 9:31pm
just read your profile redhead - I retract the bit about heaps of kids haha!!)

motorbo, Jan 24, 9:35pm
nope thats called devils on horseback isnt it?

redhead21, Jan 24, 9:49pm
LOL,no unfortunately kids are out of the question, we are waiting for grandies now.Its out second time around for both of us and we have 8 boys between us......

redhead21, Jan 24, 9:51pm
please help with the ham question.I want to glaze one and leave one as it is, its just the cooking bit I done understand....

catzwhiskaz, Jan 24, 11:08pm
how long before main meal???do you really need to stress yourself with bites before.Daughter got married 2 weekends ago, we prepared carrot, cellery cauli and dips, chips, cheeses, and grapes and they forgot to put them out - nobody noticed- except me the following day when had to make stir fry to use the veges.Even I hadnt noticed on the night.

valentino, Jan 24, 11:10pm
Just bumped post #26 up for you to peruse.

Most ham on the bones in stores now are usually cooked, the idea of glazing a ham plus use of oven again is to add a nice hotness or warmth in the ham plus an additional taste of a nice finishing sauce in this case known as a glaze plus presentation, basically how one sees it anyway, others may think otherwise.

valentino, Jan 24, 11:19pm
You noted something simple and easy before a meal.... would one be having drinks and if so then look at cheeses, crackers with dips and some nice vege nibbles like celery, carrot, even grapes and-or pineapple with toothpicks availableetc.... a nice cheeselog goes well or as someone noted above, platters or above on platters.

Wouldn't overdo it though as one does not want to take away from the main or "breakfast or reception" as the norm.
All the best.

nainmary, Jan 25, 7:38am
Hi leebee.What are the auto machines for Sushi and where do you get them - I love sushi !TIA

falcon-hell, Jan 25, 7:50am
lots of really good ideas already,have a wonderful day and future happiness to you both redhead.

seniorbones, Jan 25, 8:40am
We went to a wedding this weekend! yes it was bucketing down the whole day :-0( ..the pre dinner pass arounds were quite substantial little club sandwiches cut into about 1in square, sausage rolls that were cut into small bites rather than large normal size, chicken meatballs with sate sauce, filo pastry with spinach and feta there were lots more and it just kept coming until the wedding party arrived, then the meal was light bread roll with tapanade, main was steak or salmon and desert was just the cake with little lemon cakes and a huge bowl of strawberries and cream and a cheeseboard..it was all beautiful...I hope you have a fantastic day and the sun shines for you but if it doesnt you will still enjoy your day, the weather is the only thing you cant plan.

seniorbones, Jan 25, 8:45am
you dont 'cook' it again but glazing it gives it beautiful flavour, you would only glaze for around 1 hour so the ham is slightly warm and moist. How many people are you catering for and if people ask if they can help let them.

leebee35, Mar 2, 7:58am
Hi Nainmary -
Auto Sushi machines... was too lazy to look in cupboard at the time.

Anyway it's called a Sushezi
perfect sushi - made easy.

the easy way to make professional sushi in your home.
perfectly formed - no guess work - no trial and error.
easy to follow instructions.

check out www.sushezi.comor email sushezi@xtra.co.nz

I got mine at Moore Wilsons in Wellington for about $30.I have seen them at Millies and Stevens for about $50.

My nephew make lollie cake in theirs -so a jack of all trade.