Store bought hollandaise???

Page 4 / 4
davidt4, Dec 22, 5:21am
Maille!

duckmoon, Dec 22, 6:21am
I found the jar, it is Maille.

maandpa2b, Dec 22, 7:43am
Easy peasy one in the Edmonds cookbook.I use it all the time - no whisking, clarifying etc.let me know if you need the recipe and I'll type it out.

uli, Dec 22, 9:25pm
Maille is much better (made in France) that masterfoods. But that is for tartare sauce - not hollandaise LOL :)

geldof, Dec 23, 12:23am
You're welcome.

Merry Christmas

uli, Dec 23, 5:42am
Not sure if that is a compliment or not LOL :)
But I tried your recipe and found it a suitable substitute for long labour at the stove which most visitors would never estimate anyway LOL . so I thought I give it a push up for another year.

cookessentials, Dec 23, 6:12am
Well, I just bought some Maille hollandaise because for two of us, I cant be bothered making thesauce this year.

uli, Dec 23, 7:43am
Bon appetit . and if I couldn't be "bothered" to cook for myself anymore . I think I would just simply kill myself - why live if I cannot be "bothered" to eat properly and enjoy life to the fullest!

Have a GREAT Xmas and a HAPPY New Year - you will really need it cookie!
And I hope you and yours will enjoy that fake stuff.

lost-in-oz, Dec 23, 9:12am
You are such a nasty bitch!

toadfish, Dec 23, 4:37pm
Life is a Balance.
I suppose it all depends on what else is going on in your life.
My life is full to the brim with things other than nutrition.I have a full time job, I am a full time Mum, Wife & daughter and I love to travel.So if that means that on occaisions I have a jar of something. I am completely comfortable with that.I too have a jar of Maille in the cupboard, an impulse buy that was on special. mmmmm looking forward to it as well.

I find some people focus so much on the "science" of food, and whats "best" , I just hope they have other things going on in there life as well. Live and let life I say.

Merry Christmas

cookessentials, Dec 23, 6:54pm
well, i wont wish you a merry Christmas, 1: because you dont believe in it and 2: because you dont deserve it. You are a very nasty person and you dont have one ounce of Christmas spirit flowing through your very cold veins. Like I need YOUR permission to eat a store bought hollandaise.

cookessentials, Dec 23, 7:52pm
Well said toadfish, thank you.

wicked_garden, Dec 24, 2:56am
The one time I have tried store bought stuff it was Maille, and unfortunately it was absolutely horrible. When I make it I use the Edmonds recipe. For those of you that are trying a store bought brand for the first time I would suggest buying two different types perhaps, in case one is not very nice. Especially if it is for a special occasion. I found that bad hollandaise can ruin the whole dish.

cookessentials, Dec 24, 4:40am
Mmmm, thanks for the heads up. I may not even do eggs benedict yet, will see how I feel on the day. It is all pretty casual. I have some pure maple syrup so may just do pancakes,bacon and maple syrup.

tania58, Dec 24, 5:09am
I would be most surprised if you had a "yours" as in a partner or family still around.You have always been a nasty, bitterand condescending person and I doubt anyone can put up with you for a day

I read this board a lot, but rarely post but thank you all for the recipes and tips. merry xmas !

davidt4, Dec 24, 5:51am
Prepare to be amazed.

uli, Dec 24, 6:16am
Are you thanking me for all the help and recipes I have supplied for about 10 years . yes! Thanks in that case.

Or are you really thinking I live a single bitter life! - No - sorry to disappoint BUT I do not :)

In fact I am very surprised about how many people have given me cards, flowers, potted plants and presents "because I have made a positive change in their lives" - I did actually feel quite humbled over the last few days.

As you all know I not "do" Xmas . so there you go! I have many presents and cards this year which is very surprising. So maybe many people do "think" about what I say over the course of a year - and they find it to the point . or even helpful.

And : A very nice Xmas to you too :)