Gabriel Method to loose weight, opinions please.

Page 2 / 2
charlieb2, Feb 24, 9:36am
Interesting links uli and marielize

thanks

510, Feb 24, 9:59am
Thanks marielize, I just finished listening to that link, I found it great, except I need to listen to it another time, when I'm not so tired as I nodded offcouple of times

pam.delilah, Feb 24, 7:11pm
Thank you uli for a great link, I am going to soooo pass it on to so many people

uli, Feb 24, 8:12pm
If you are keen to learn more then slowly read your way through the two threads at the bottom of this post, where lots of people list links like the above - it might change your outlook on life drastically - and that is why a lot of people feel threatened by those threads on this board.

Because basically a lot of stuff we do and eat and how we behave is not very helpful to our bodies and in our lives and communities. And a lot of diseases could be prevented or at least bettered by changing habits and lifestyles.

However there is no money to be made by having healthy people with healthy lifestyles, so there seems to be no promotion of a really "healthy" lifestyle.

We seem to just swap the white bread for a browner type and are told that is so much better, when in fact the bread is not healthy at all.

So I find it an interesting journey to discover that a lot of those "discoveries" as in the above link are actually quite well known to a few, but never get the publicity they deserve.

Maybe we should all bombard Womans Weekly (and the like) with these articles so they get some more wide spread coverage in easy to read language.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages. asp
x? id=75&p=130

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages. asp
x? id=654&p=32

pam.delilah, Feb 25, 12:24am
I have been following these thread, thanks. Plenty to think about specially the article from mail on line 'the lies the government tells us'.

bedazzledjewels, Feb 25, 12:26am
The movie-doco "Fat Head" will be screening again on Sky Documentary channel on March 31st. I'll remind you all nearer the time!
Marielize may very kindly copy a dvd for you if you ask her nicely.
It's a VERY important doco, as well as really funny!

marielize1, Feb 25, 12:52am
Sure, If you do not have Sky just give me your address and I will send a copy marielize dot goldie at gmail dot com

uli, Feb 26, 12:44am
Weight loss program...

A guy calls a company and orders their 5-day, 5kg weight loss program.

The next day, there's a knock on the door and there stands before him a voluptuous, athletic, 19 year old babe dressed in nothing but a pair of Nike running shoes and a sign around her neck.

She introduces herself as a representative of the weight loss company. The sign reads, "If you can catch me, you can have me. "

Without a second thought, he takes off after her. A few miles later puffing and puffing, he finally gives up.

The same girl shows up for the next four days and the same thing happens.

On the fifth day, he weighs himself and is delighted to find he has lost 5kg as promised.

He calls the company and orders their 5-day/10kg program. The next day there's a knock at the door and there stands the most stunning, beautiful, sexy woman he has ever seen in his life. She is wearing nothing but Reebok running shoes and a sign around her neck that reads, "If you catch me you can have me".

Well, he's out the door after her like a shot. This girl is in excellent shape and he does his best, but no such luck.
So for the next four days, the same routine happens with him gradually getting in better and better shape.

Much to his delight on the fifth day when he weighs himself, he discovers that he has lost another 10kg as promised.

He decides to go for broke and calls the company to order the 7-day/25kg program.

"Are you sure? " asks the representative on the phone. "This is our most rigorous program. "
"Absolutely, " he replies, "I haven't felt this good in years. "

The next day there's a knock at the door; and when he opens it he finds a huge muscular guy standing there wearing nothing but pink running shoes and a sign around his neck that reads, "If I catch you, you are mine. "

He lost 33 kilos that week.

pixiegirl, Feb 26, 12:57am
love it! ! !

hhma, Feb 26, 1:53am
The South Beach diet, by Dr Arthur Agatston is very good. It DOES require a strong commitment fo the first two weeks (NO exceptions for that time) and then it is much easier. My man lost 30kg without too much effort and I lost 15kg ... .

elliehen, Feb 26, 2:18am
510 and pam. delilah, I know nothing at all about the relative merits of weight loss regimes, but I read somewhere an unusual 'affirmation' for people who over-eat for comfort, due to stress.

The advice was to put the acronymHALT on your fridge or pantry door:Hurt? Angry? Lonely? Tired? If you are any of those, take your hand away from the food you are reaching for.

I suspect that it's easier said than done ;)

uli, Feb 26, 4:47am
The South Beach Diet is a version of low carb if I am not mistaken. So the low carb thread would probably be your best bet if you want to go down that path.

charlieb2, Feb 26, 4:59am
Loved the joke, uli...

and the
H*A*L*T* thing... . would get your thinking BEFORE you open the pantry door

510, Feb 26, 6:00am
Uli thanks for the joke, made me chuckle. elliehen, that is a good idea about an accornym. I have my skinny photo ofmyself when I was about 55 kgs on the fridge. But now I don't actually see it.

510, Feb 26, 5:37pm
I went to the library yesterday, what an idiot, for some reasom I had it in my head that it was the Galbraith method not the Gabriel method. Talk about senior moments. LOL

alewis, Feb 26, 9:47pm
510 - I think its time for the 55 kg photo to come down, how about one with you 10 kgs lighter than you are now, its achieveable, and not an impossible ask - I personally would be depressed looking at my most skinny photo from when I was in my 20's - let that photo go girl! !
and uli, just loved that joke that was so funny thank you for sharing it.

510, Sep 12, 3:56am
LOL ali sometimes I like to see that 55 kilo young woman, cos she is still inside me somewhere , been at both end of the spectrum. I think I will put a fat photo up there beside it as that will probably put me off going to the fridge more. I have this tiny bikini as well that I love to see, i keep them for young people as a motivational tool, so they don'tend up with my shaped body. Two books that I have just been reading that I like are "Wise Up" by Lindsey Dawson & The $21. 00 Challenge, auckland library has them. Wise up is about wising up to life's lucious middle part. Very postive & inspiring book about life from 40 plus.