Imported English foodstuffs

Page 2 / 2
maynard9, Aug 6, 9:49pm
Yep - come up to Palmerston North for the day. You could easily spend the day shopping - especially at the new Plaza and some lovely shops in Broadway and George St.

nfh1, Aug 7, 12:39am
Yes that is my local one - they still have the UK shelf - not much on it - I still buy Robinsons Squash there!

sarahb5, Aug 8, 10:01am
There are still a few things I miss but most of the really important ones I can get here - PG Tips, Marmite, Ready Brek (although $15. 90 is a lot to pay for cereal even if it is for my husband), Birds Custard Powder and McVities Digestives. Hubby would like Shreddies though and I do still miss real crisps - ETA and Bluebird just aren't the same as Walkers ...

nfh1, Aug 8, 9:14pm
mmmmmmmmmmm Walkers Smoky Bacon Crisps!

rover48, Aug 8, 10:18pm
I think they are opening a new one in Petone, saw the hoardings on the shop window the other day. .

regrantnz, Sep 2, 4:31am
Hiya,

You probably have your answers by now but I can tell you quite a few places as I am a bit of an english junk food lover!
There is quite a good range in City New World ( I think that it used to be Shaffers New World ) the one just up from Te Papa. The only thing with this one is that the products are not in a single display they are found on the shelves with their groups - highlighted with a little British flag under the product price - you will find soups with soups, crisps are with chippies, choc with choc etc. you just have to look around (this can be part of the fun, unless you are hanging out for that Double Decker....
Most of the New Worlds in the Wellington area as far as Levin (that I know of) have a section of UK products, Thorndon has just added theirs and at the moment I believe that it is in one place (over the freezers with the other international stuff)
On Trays in Petone has a decent selection which I think has been expanding and they are great people who are really helpful.
There is a new store opening in Jackson st but I don't know what that is called yet or what their range is like!
There is McPhees Celtic shop in Tawa on the main street which has celtic themed items which includes a small selection of food products - they do have a website.
Upper Hutt has a small shop called the General Store which has international food including a small selection of English items (After speaking to them I think that they would look at bringing in anything that people want (as long as they can get their hands on it) this one is on Main St close to Newbolds.
I hope this helps! I have also been in contact with a place called the English Corner Shop - who, I believe, stock the supermarkets - you can buy on line, the prices are better but I haven't had a reply to my email yet about some specific items that they don't list on their website and I haven't yet placed an order
Finally (phew) there is a shop in Palmerston North which has a good range - I believe that it is on the square.

Sorry this is a long message but I hope it helps!

From a fellow addict :)

steven, Sep 14, 2:08am
Plenty of English cheese at On Trays also some Irish.

www.ontrays.co.nz

We will be closed Saturday 18th September.

guest, Aug 6, 7:08am
There is a UK food shop which has been open for about a year now- UK Goodies, 327 Jackson Street, Petone. They have a really good range of foods and household items and if you can't see what you like then they try and order it for you. I say support your local rather than the big boys like Pak n Save, some of their prices are higher than UK Goodies and what they stock is a bit erratic.

guest, Feb 18, 6:50am
cant help help that way but theres a great place in kaiapoi christchurch called picadilly circus and you can get all your english food and if they dnt stock they will find and try and get in also go to trade me and look for member nobby14 and you can get your english stuff that way 2