Helpful hints from the pros...

Page 4 / 4
lecoupdegrace, Sep 4, 9:57am
my husband "cuts" pumpkin by throwing it down on to concrete floor in the garage or any hard surface like the driveway outside. The pumpkin splits and voila ready to peel.

elliehen, Sep 4, 10:49am
I attack mine with the tomahawk I use to chop kindling ;)

indy95, Sep 4, 8:24pm
lecoupdegrace wrote:
my husband "cuts" pumpkin by throwing it down on to concrete floor in the garage or any hard surface like the driveway outside. The pumpkin splits and voila ready to peel.[/quote]

Every time I try that the darned things just bounce !

valentino, Jun 30, 1:31am
This thread is worth a re-visit.

Cheers

indy95, Jun 30, 5:09am
Thanks for the reminder, valentino. I had completely forgotten about this thread.

lx4000, Jun 30, 5:32am
freeze veggie cooking water (broc, cauli, carrot, silverbeet, cabbage) for soups and stews and gravy! Great flavour and why buy stock! :)

Left over wine in ice trays for stews and marinades :)

lx4000, Jun 30, 5:33am
carrot cake and apples in cakes or muffins, Don't peel!! Just wash and grate!! All the goodness is just under the skin and your not going to see it and its so good for you:)

lx4000, Jun 30, 5:34am
make a double batch!! 1 for now and 1 in the freezer for later:)

jillian21, Jul 2, 2:57am
Or crushed up nacho chips

pistolero, Jul 6, 4:57am
Got spare lemons? Get a sealable wide mouth jar, put a thin layer of rock or sea salt in the bottom, add a layer of washed and quartered lemons, another sprinkling of salt, another layer of lemons and so on untill the jar is full. Cap tightly, leave in a dark place for 4 weeks or more and you will have the most unbelivably delicious salty lemon, perfect for fish dishes. The entire lemon becomes edible, skins and all, just mash and spread on your fish, cheese, etc.

mindi1, Jul 9, 7:01am
Leftover wine???
How can that be?!