Caramello Muffin Recipe??

donnalouise, Jul 30, 9:52pm
Does anyone have a muffin recipe that you can put a square of Caramello chocolate in the centre?

245sam, Jul 30, 11:01pm
donnalouise, I suggest that you use either of these recipes that use caramel-filled little Easter eggs - the recipes are as they appeared on Trademecooks... . .

"Easter Egg Chocolate Muffins
9 Caramel Cream Chocolate Mini Easter eggs or small Solid Chocolate Mini Eggs (small), 1&1/2 cups flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 3 tbsp cocoa, 1/4 cup each of sugar & mild-flavoured oil e. g. canola, 1 egg, 1 cup milk, 1/4 tsp vanilla essence. Remove the foil from the Easter eggs, then set them aside. Sift the flour, baking powder & cocoa into a bowl, then stir in the sugar. In another bowl lightly whisk the egg, milk, oil & vanilla essence. Fold the wet mixture into the dry ingredients, until just moistened. Do not overmix. Three-quarters fill 9 greased and/or paper-lined muffin pans. Bake at 190ºC for 12-20 minutes. Remove from the pans and cook, then drizzle with chocolate icing e. g. chocolate ganache.
oops, my apologies - the above recipe was copied from a Woolworths circular & I didn't notice that the instructions for what to do with the Easter eggs were missing - an Easter egg can be pushed into each uncooked muffin once all the mixture has been placed in the muffin tins above 2 posted by 245sam

Caramel Easter Egg Muffins
2 1/4c sr flour, 2/3c caster sugar, 125gm butter melted, 3/4c milk, 2 eggs, 1tsp vanilla essence, 12 Cadbury caramel eggs. Sift flour into large bowl. Stir in sugar. Whisk butter, milk, eggs and vanilla together. Add wet mix to dry and mix gently until just combined. Spoon batter in muffin tins so each is 1/3 full. Place an unwrapped Easter egg in the middle of each and spoon over remaining batter. Bake @ 180°C for 18-20mins posted by rkcroft"

Hope that helps. :-))

noonesgirl, Jul 30, 11:47pm
Chocolate Caramel Muffins (Jessie981)

1&3/4c flour, 1tsp b/soda, 1c sugar, 1/4c cocoa. Melt 100gr butter. Remove from heat & whisk in 1 egg, 1c milk & tsp vanilla essence. Add to dry ingredients. Mix gently. Spoon 1/2 of mixture into muffin tins. Add heaped tsp (or more) of caramel condensed milk & put remaiing mixture on top. Bake 15 mins @ 220. Makes 12.

instead of Caramel condensed Milk put the chocolate.

cookessentials, Jul 31, 12:49am
I have one where you put a Jersey caramel in the centre before cooking them.

245sam, Jul 31, 7:04am
donnalouise, here's another recipe ex trademe Cooks... . .

"Easter Surprise Muffins
I have a different recipe for these - Jo Seagar’s. She recommends freezing the eggs before you put them into the mix as this way they stay "whole" when baking. Have made this recipe heaps and they are yum!
2 cups flour, 4 t baking powder pinch salt, 100 g butter, 3/4 cup caster sugar, 2 eggs, 1/2 t vanilla, 1/2 cup chocolate chips 1 cup milk, 12 small caramel Easter eggs. Preheat oven to 200C. Spray 12 muffin tins with non-stick baking spray. Mix all ingredients, except the Easter eggs, together in a large bowl. Spoon half the mixture into the prepared tins. Peel off the foil from the caramel Easter eggs and pop an egg into the muffin tins, then cover with the remaining mixture. Bake for 15 - 18 minutes until cooked. Cool on a wire rack and serve warm, dusted with icing sugar. posted by flanges1":-))

happygabi, Mar 5, 10:58pm
is the actual cake component moist? every choc muffin mix i make is dry.

jessie981, Mar 5, 11:07pm
Chocolate Caramel Muffins (Jessie981)

1&3/4c flour, 1tsp b/soda, 1c sugar, 1/4c cocoa. Melt 100gr butter. Remove from heat & whisk in 1 egg, 1c milk & tsp vanilla essence. Add to dry ingredients. Mix gently. Spoon 1/2 of mixture into muffin tins. Add heaped tsp (or more) of caramel condensed milk & put remaiing mixture on top. Bake 15 mins @ 220. Makes 12.
Instead of Caramel Condensed Milk put a piece of chocolate.

happygabi, Mar 6, 10:58pm
is the actual cake component moist! every choc muffin mix i make is dry.

donnalouise, Jul 31, 9:52pm
Does anyone have a muffin recipe that you can put a square of Caramello chocolate in the centre!

245sam, Jul 31, 11:01pm
donnalouise, I suggest that you use either of these recipes that use caramel-filled little Easter eggs - the recipes are as they appeared on Trademecooks.

"Easter Egg Chocolate Muffins
9 Caramel Cream Chocolate Mini Easter eggs or small Solid Chocolate Mini Eggs (small), 1&1/2 cups flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 3 tbsp cocoa, 1/4 cup each of sugar & mild-flavoured oil e.g. canola, 1 egg, 1 cup milk, 1/4 tsp vanilla essence. Remove the foil from the Easter eggs, then set them aside. Sift the flour, baking powder & cocoa into a bowl, then stir in the sugar. In another bowl lightly whisk the egg, milk, oil & vanilla essence. Fold the wet mixture into the dry ingredients, until just moistened. Do not overmix. Three-quarters fill 9 greased and/or paper-lined muffin pans. Bake at 190ºC for 12-20 minutes. Remove from the pans and cook, then drizzle with chocolate icing e.g. chocolate ganache.
oops, my apologies - the above recipe was copied from a Woolworths circular & I didn't notice that the instructions for what to do with the Easter eggs were missing - an Easter egg can be pushed into each uncooked muffin once all the mixture has been placed in the muffin tins above 2 posted by 245sam

Caramel Easter Egg Muffins
2 1/4c sr flour, 2/3c caster sugar, 125gm butter melted, 3/4c milk, 2 eggs, 1tsp vanilla essence, 12 Cadbury caramel eggs. Sift flour into large bowl. Stir in sugar. Whisk butter, milk, eggs and vanilla together. Add wet mix to dry and mix gently until just combined. Spoon batter in muffin tins so each is 1/3 full. Place an unwrapped Easter egg in the middle of each and spoon over remaining batter. Bake @ 180°C for 18-20mins posted by rkcroft"

Hope that helps.:-))

cookessentials, Aug 1, 12:49am
I have one where you put a Jersey caramel in the centre before cooking them.

245sam, Aug 1, 7:04am
donnalouise, here's another recipe ex trademe Cooks.

"Easter Surprise Muffins
I have a different recipe for these - Jo Seagar’s. She recommends freezing the eggs before you put them into the mix as this way they stay "whole" when baking. Have made this recipe heaps and they are yum!
2 cups flour,4 t baking powder pinch salt,100 g butter,3/4 cup caster sugar,2 eggs,1/2 t vanilla, 1/2 cup chocolate chips 1 cup milk,12 small caramel Easter eggs. Preheat oven to 200C. Spray 12 muffin tins with non-stick baking spray. Mix all ingredients, except the Easter eggs, together in a large bowl. Spoon half the mixture into the prepared tins. Peel off the foil from the caramel Easter eggs and pop an egg into the muffin tins, then cover with the remaining mixture. Bake for 15 - 18 minutes until cooked. Cool on a wire rack and serve warm, dusted with icing sugar.posted by flanges1":-))