Grrrr...... Cadbury's have done it again

Page 1 / 2
maynard9, Jul 27, 1:59am
x2
Went to buy Bournvita this morning. Couldn't find it - not even the space where it used to be. Asked at the information counter and was told "It has been deleted, Cadbury no longer producing it". I could not believe it. She said they have had heaps of complaints. She added "I can't understand why they delete things that sell but leave other stuff that sits on the shelves for ages". I am so mad with them. What next! I am jsut about to google them and find their tollfree number and boy will they get the message from me. How am I going to make Bournvita Bikies for my grandies like I have done all these years for my children. Grrr grrr grrr. Milo is NOT the same - even tho Nestle might like to think it is.

cookessentials, Jul 27, 2:04am
I think it is still available here in Masterton maynard-Moore Wilson still have it i think. Happy to get you some if you need it.

bedazzledjewels, Jul 27, 2:06am
That's an interesting move by Cadburys. The brand name Bournvita has such a big part of their image for so many years. All those cool old advertisements for Bournvita. I agree that it's quite different to Milo, but I can't think of a solution for you.

vintagekitty, Jul 27, 2:18am
Im in town most days, and can pop into the cadbury factory and buy some for you if you like?

jamjars05, Jul 27, 2:30am
don't take the supermarkets word for it.
many times we've been told it's no longer available/made/imported
and when we contact the supplier they are shocked at what the supermarket said, but it does happen a lot. seems that supermarkets dont like to hold stock that isn't a big earner or a fast mover

wildflower, Jul 27, 3:56am
Supermarkets have plans come through from head office where some bright spark decides somethings not selling well enough so it's deleted. I remember last year the supermarket I was working in deleted Pascalls Jelly Beans! No logic whatsoever. Someone in an office in Akld making decisions.

nauru, Jul 27, 3:57am
I have still been able to buy it at our local $ square.
Supermarkets do tend to delete lines that arn't big sellers. I found this with an imported cheese recently, a bit annoying as we had managed to find a supplier at long last. Check it out with Cadburys

andrea1978, Jul 27, 6:43am
I buy Bournevita too instead of Milo. It's cheaper and tastes just as good if not better! Oh well maybe I'll have to start buying Ovaltine. or Milo?

maynard9, Jul 27, 10:29am
x1
Rang Cadbury this afternoon. They stopped producing it 2 months ago. Decision made "due to lack of demand" and "poor sales". I simply don't believe it! ! ! Poor lady in customer support got a bit of an earful I have to confess - but that is the department she works in. Thanks for the offer to get me some but I guess the sooner I bite the bullet the better - so will go cold turkey. Will wait for ages before making some "Bournvita bikkies"out of Milo and hopefully it will be so long since I had a proper one I won't notice it quite so bad. Not fair. I was bought up on it, my children were but my grandchildren will know nothing of a kiwi icon. I said to the lady "First you stuff around with the chocolate, now this - what will be next". She said 'there is more to come"... ... Goodness knows what that meant

najopito, Jul 27, 10:33am
x1
Maybe the lost so much money of the chocolate change stuff up they had no money to market it.

Must buy some before it all gone.

najopito, Jul 27, 10:36am
they stopped making it in UK in 2008

dragonzflame, Jul 27, 10:35pm
Arse. My partner is allergic to cocoa and other some stuff that's in Milo, and he finds Bournvita better on the allergies.

happyman, Jul 28, 6:08am
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=138339959530234&v=app_2373072738#!/group.php?gid=138339959530234&v=wall

face book group for this tell your friends

dogbond, Jul 31, 10:12pm
x1
Have not touched Cadbury for over a year now, just tastes yuk! For a decent dark chocolate go for the Lindt.

spotswood, Aug 5, 2:35am
My kids drink their drinking chocolate they prefer that tomilo, but for baking I tend to use Valhrona cocoa... ... ... devine, once you use it you won't go back to the other crap cocoa out there

fordy1110, Aug 5, 4:33am
they'll bring it back but under a new name. Partner used to work for arnotts and they had a few biscuites come off the line, Now they are back they look like the toffee pops they are really yummy. :).

nzmu, Aug 5, 6:48am
I haven't bought Milo or Bournvita for years. Much prefer the Pams Choca. Cheaper than the other two as well. I would class it as being more similar to Milo than Bournvita, but it may be worth a try?

glendeb, Aug 5, 8:16am
I was going to suggest Pams Chocka too.

elliehen, Aug 5, 8:37am
Anyone remember Mellowmints? They were the shape and texture of fruit puffs, but white and peppermint-flavoured. Wish they'd bring those back as a variation on the hard peppermint varieties.

korbo, Aug 5, 8:27pm
would choc chips work in your biscuits... . ? ? ? ?
yes i loved the mellowmints.

maynard9, Aug 5, 9:25pm
I make choc chippies as well, but the Bournvita Biscuits just had a really nice texture with the grains and a lovely malty flavour - rather than just straight chocolate.

alewis, Aug 5, 11:25pm
didnt they stuff up! ! - gosh daughter did the grocery shop the other day and brought 3 packets of cadbury - said to her didnt buy the stuff on principal and because of the taste, yuck yuck yuck its just got this oily fatty taste to it now I am pleased people have made a bit of a statement we have been lifelong cadbury buyers but not any more, we recently changed from telecom same underhandedness they dont deserve loyalty when they dont give it! !

books4nz, Aug 6, 3:13am
You're writing our experiences of Cadbury and Telecom too Auckland-Ali - former loyal Cadbury fans - Whittakers and Clear are used in this house now.

alewis, Aug 6, 9:01am
so sad really dont you think books4nz they just couldnt do the right thing, I am doing battle on behalf of daughter for a samsung camera she received it for a 21st present was sent to them one month later to fix she then went overseas to canada first it broke again took 2 months to fix then she got to the big europe trip and the thing died, contacted samsung to say she wouldnt be back in nz until july (3 weeks out of the one year warranty) she brought another camera as you have to do when in that situation then now its you have no receipt (excuse me birthday present! ! ) and its over a year bugger off! ! - I am totally hacked off and do they deserve a good name spread NO NO NO - they just need to be decent about it the thing was introduced model no in Feb 2009 so at best this thing is only 15 months old - what prats! ! anyone with any sugestions would be appreciated. I am at the stage that I have to email them with a duplicate of what I said on the phone - one gets so tired of just trying people to be honourabl! !

cazey, Aug 6, 9:20am
auckland_ali, The Consumer Guarantees Act would apply for your daughters camera, have a look at this and use it as an argument against Samsung.