Help please

Page 2 / 2
cookessentials, Jul 14, 9:56pm
steamylee, I have bumped of the meat and the potato threads fro you, there are some nice recipes in there that he may like and you may enjoy trying.

marywea, Jul 14, 10:25pm
Post #6. Suggest dusting veg. with flour which will then make it's own sauce. If doing for guests make a cheese sauce instead of adding cheese and milk-you will be sure to get the cconsistency right then.
Post #22. Bake on baking paperso they don't stick. You need surprisingly little oil to coat them. Posters, hope you don't mind me adding that.

nauru, Jul 15, 3:05am
Have you tried fresh pasta? . My hubby never liked pasta, but eventually he agreed to try some fresh wholemeal pasta and loved it, he totally agreed that its so much better than dried and enjoys homemade pasta often these days.

winnie231, Jul 15, 4:37am
marywea - thanks for adding the tip regarding baking paper for the mini roasies ... I forgot that bit!
And you're right - they need very little oil - that's also why I toss them in a bowl before putting in the dish ... any extra oil stays behind on the bowl.

fisher, Jul 15, 5:37am
Ive gotbit lazy... . . yeah I know happens to all of us hahaha. .
Been using that "Maggi Herb Potatoes" and sprinkling that all over my spuds and roasties... adds a nice flavour. .

steamylee, Jul 15, 7:13am
cool thanks guys, i have gone to the supermarket and stocked up the cupboards so will try out all your ideas over the next week! ! ill let you know how i get on :)

steamylee, Jul 17, 8:26am
hey guys, just letting ya know how i have gotten on so far, last night we ended up going to a friends for dinner so no cooking, tonight i have tried winnies mini roasties, and they are yum! ! i have had to stop myself from eating them all before we actually sit down for dinner! ! so we have sucess on that one :) fingers crossed on the rest! !

winnie231, Jul 17, 8:40am
That's great news steamylee! I'm pleased you've had success with the recipe.

sinet, Jul 17, 8:52am
Try this, peel potatos and carrots for two, salt then boil. Mash both together, this will give you an orange look, add butter to taste and milk or cream then mash till it has a texture like peaks to it, then serve with pork chops, broccoli and mint peas and the juices from the pork chops which serves as a gravy. enjoy

lythande1, Jul 18, 4:59am
Oh yuk. Poor you.
Mine thought he hated rice and pasta too but has discovered he likes homemade fried rice (must have splosh of soya sauce in it) and shock, horror, he likes chicken and mushroom canelloni! !
How about stirfrys? Not hard, slice everything into strips, chuck in frypan (meat onion first, hardest vege next, softest last), and stir around till as limp or crisp as you prefer.
And casseroles or other one pot things, lamb shanks for instance, put ingredients in large pot, simmer for ages, serve. Not as hard as you think once you try a few things. Start with the least amount of fiddling, just cut things up and either casserole or stirfry, thats the least amount of actually constructing then. Work your way up from there. Never tell husband whats in something - that way they get used to things more and remain oblivious.

steamylee, Jul 19, 9:25am
hey guys, just an update. now that i have decided i am going to cook properly i have to rear the calves on our farm which juggling that with baby is taking up most of my time. grrrrrr. anyway i did this one tonight, and i reckon it tastes wonderful. still waiting for dp to get home from the pub to get his opinion but i reckon he will like it as well. thanks again! !

steamylee, Jul 26, 6:58am
hey guys sorry it took so long to get back. i have been down with salmonella for the last week. (not due to my cooking thank god! ! )
am giving the fish pie a go tonight :)

margyr, Jul 27, 3:56am
goodness you have been busy steamylee, how was the fish pie?

steamylee, Jul 29, 7:29am
ferita im gonna give the chicken breast wrapped in bacon a go tomorrow so i have some quick questions please... do i need to fully enclose the chicken in bacon? or just wrap a bit around it but still have the ends free? how long and what temperature do i cook it for? and can i put some flavouring on the chicken between the bacon and the chicken and if so what would you recommend or is it ok as is? thank you :)

steamylee, Jul 29, 7:31am
oh the fish pie was wonderful thank you, i grilled it slightly too long and it was a bit too crunchy on top but i just covered it in more grated cheese and my other half never realised! ! hahaha.

margyr, Dec 8, 3:19pm
well done on the fish pie, your cooking skills are coming along great! ! ! I hope ferita gets back to you on the chicken, I would think you just wrap a couple of bits and leave the ends sticking out.