We Love Our Curries

Page 2 / 2
davidt4, Nov 26, 8:23pm
Sorry, I don't know how to replicate foodhall curries. The sauces are very smooth and homogenized, very high fat, and I think they are made in enormous quantity in a factory then sold to the various outlets.

I could find you a real Indian recipe if you want one.

ruby19, May 19, 6:10am
Too good to be forgotten!

raewyn64, May 19, 8:42am
davidt4 - do you have any other fish ones - I see there was one posted above but it was commented it was tricky getting all the ingredients. I take on board your comments about needing all the ingredients to get the right flavour balance and thank you for that advise, but I have never made a fish curry before and just had a desire recently to try one. So would you have one that has a few more simpler ingredients but would still have a good flavour - not spicy hot though :)
Thanks in advance as always.

allurs, May 19, 9:24am
does anyone have any recipes that uses rump and japaniese curry paste block?

sossie1, May 20, 7:48am
Easy Madras

fry 2 chopped onions until soft, add 4-6 cloves chopped garlic, 1 inch chopped fresh ginger, chopped fresh chillis from 1 upwards, depending on your taste buds (I only add 1)
stir fry a bit more, add 1 tin tomatoes, 3tsp cumin, 1 tsp coriander, 1tsp tumeric, 1 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp garam masala, cook until tomatoes and onions are cooked thru and everything combines.

Put sauce thru the food processor. I cook beef in the crockpot during the daytime, then I simmer the meat in the Madras sauce in a saucepan