If You LOVE Tiramisu....try THIS!

Page 2 / 3
elliehen, Dec 13, 10:41pm
Will the real Tiramisu please stand up! Or someone who once lived in the Tiramisu Forest in Italy and can authenticate!

malcovy, Dec 14, 1:16am
I have a pretend tiramisu recipe using oopsie rolls, if you would like it let me know, it's quite nice.

cookessentials, Dec 14, 2:11am
I shall consult my Food italia book and come back to you on that one.
http://www.tectum.be/

elliehen, Dec 14, 4:04am
I'd like to know the recipe for your tried and true Pretend Tiramisu please, malcovy.

malcovy, Dec 14, 9:12am
Tiramisu (found on web)

4 egg yolks
8 packets Splenda (or equivalent sweetener)
1/3cup whole milk
8 oz mascarpone cheese
1 cup heavy cream
½ tsp vanilla ess
1/4 to 1/2 cup very strong coffee, room temperature
1 to 2 Tbsp rum
one 8X8 Oopsie cake
1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder

Whisk yolks, sweetener and milk together in a small pan over medium heat until light and fluffy and hot.Then keep whisking for another minute. This will take a few minutes, but don't stop whisking, or you'll get scrambled eggs.
Take the mascarpone out of the fridge to soften and put the yolk mixture in the fridge to cool (at least half an hour, preferably more).
Then, whisk heavy cream and vanilla extract to make whipped cream.Set aside. Take the yolk mixture and mascarpone and whip those together. Set aside.
Combine coffee and rum. Set aside.
Take the Oopsie cake and split in into two layers, just like you would a normal cake.
Assemble: Place the bottom layer of the cake into an 8X8 pan, cut side up.Brush or sprinkle half the coffee mixture all over the cake (be generous, don't miss spots). Spread half the mascarpone mixture over that, then half the whipped cream.Place the top of the cake on that, cut side up, then brush the rest of the coffee on, then the mascarpone, then the whipped cream.
Using a small sieve, dust the cocoa on the top very generously (use it all!).
Refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.

Oopsie Cake (found on web)
5 eggs, separated
5 oz cream cheese, cut into pieces (from the fridge, do not soften)
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 packets Splenda
Whisk the 5 egg whites in a large, clean bowl with the cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Set Aside. In another bowl (you can use the same mixer if you do the whites first), combine the yolks, cream cheese, vanilla, and sweetener until well mixed (there may be bits of white, though). Pour the yolk mixture in to the whites and fold very gently until fully combined, being careful not to break down the egg whites. Line an 8X8 pan with parchment paper or grease *very* well, and bake at 300 degrees until golden brown on top (about 30 minutes or could be much more, depending on humidity).Let cool in pan. Remove from pan and set on the counter or rack overnight (or a few hours) to dry out some. Do not refrigerate.

One tablet of sweet stevia is about 1 teaspoon of sugar
One packet equals 2 teaspoons sugar.6 packets equals 1/4 cups of regular sugar and 8 packets equals 1/3 cup of sugar, if you want a cup of Splenda, you must use 24 packets. (found on web)

Low Carb Sponge (I added almonds and stevia, much nicer)
3 eggs, separated
3 oz cream cheese
½ tsp vanilla
3 stevia tablets, crushed
½ tsp baking powder
16 raw almonds freshly ground or use 15 grams almond flour

Preheat oven to 160C.
Whip eggs white till stiff.Beat cream cheese till smooth and then add egg yolks and vanilla and mix until combined.Mix together ground almonds, stevia and baking powder and add to egg yolk mix.Mix a little beaten egg white into yolk mixture and then fold in rest of whites till combined well.Spray a tin well as mixture sticks well if not greased enough.Spread mix onto tin and bake for 20 to 30 mins.Take out of oven and leave in tin for 10-15 mins and turn onto a rack for cooling.

This is another nice recipe that I played around with, it was delicious and I ate the whole lot over a day and night.

I crushed 2 stevia tablets (sweet stevia from Healthhouse) and sprinkled over 150mls cream and to that I added ½ tsp vanilla ess.I beat the cream till very thick and then added drained and thawed approx ½ cup boysenberries and mixed gently.I cut the sponge into 6 and layered sponge and berry cream mix finishing with berry cream mix and pressing lightly with cling film.I grated Lindt 85% chocolate and sprinkled top.

bedazzledjewels, Dec 16, 12:51am
Bumping this thread up as there are so many good recipes here.

cookessentials, May 10, 4:07am
Tiramisu Chocolate Slab

cooking spray
600ml cream
¼ cup masala
¼ cup espresso coffee (or 1 tablespoon instant coffee)
10 savoiardi biscuits, coarsely chopped
100g Lindt dark chocolate (70% cocoa butter), chopped
¼ sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

preheat oven 170°C/150°C (fan forced) and grease a 6 cup capacity ceramic baking dish with cooking spray.

Combine cream, masala and coffee into a large saucepan and heat until it just comes to the boil.

Remove and add crushed biscuits, chocolate and sugar; mix well and transfer to a bowl to cool completely.

In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and vanilla until thick and stir through cooled chocolate mixture; pour into greased dish.

Place dessert into a larger pan and pour enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides.

Bake 45 minutes or until dessert is firm but still wobbly. Remove from bain-marie and refrigerate overnight.

Cut into squares and serve with mascarpone and a dusting of cocoa powder.

buzzy110, May 10, 5:25am
Or This:
Chef Geof Scott's N.Z. STYLE TIRAMISU

5 eggs, separated
150g caster sugar
1 cup each of cream, whipped cream and coffee –
(instant, fresh filter coffee or espresso)
250g mascarpone cheese
3 tbsp liqueur (orange or coffee flavoured), optional
1 x 250g packet gingernuts
Using an electric beater, whisk the yolks and 50g sugar until light and fluffy. Whisk the whites and 50g sugar until soft peaks are formed. Fold the yolks into the mascarpone and mix gently, then fold in the cream and lastly the egg whites. Be careful not to over mix.
Mix the hot coffee with the remaining 50g sugar and allow to cool, then add the liqueur. Pour the coffee liquid into a shallow dish, then dip the gingernuts on one side only into the coffee for 30 seconds and arrange them in the base of the dessert bowl. Pour in the mix to half fill the bowl, then layer with more gingernuts – “you can make 2 or 3 layers if you wish, but finish with the tiramisu mix at the end”. Cover and place in the refrigerator to set - this will take 2 hours.
To serve: Garnish the tiramisu with grated dark chocolate, a dusting of cocoa powder - Dutch cocoa powder is best to use, and if desired complete the garnish with chocolate shards.
Makes one large bowl, enough for 8.
Hope you find these recipes to be useful. :-))
245sam (10)10:33 am, Thu 5 Nov #7

buzzy110, May 10, 5:26am
Or this:

Julie Le Clerc's Strawberry & Limoncello Tiramisu
Serves 8
2 eggs
1/4 castor sugar
250gr mascarpone
2 punnets strawberries
1/2 cup Limoncello (lemon liqueur)
1/2 cup cold water
200gr savoiardi biscuits (Italian sponge fingers)
Put eggs & sugar in bowl and whisk until thick and creamy. Whisk in the mascarpone until smooth
Hull and dice strawberries
Combine limoncello and water in a bowl. Dip sponge fingers one at a time in this liquid and arrange in the base of a serving dish. Cover with half mascarpone mixture and diced strawberries.
Repeat with another layer of dipped sponge fingers. Top with smooth layer of mascarpone mixture. Chill 5-6 hours or overnight.
Decorate with remaining strawberries.
I'm going to add some lemon curd to the mascarpone mix for some extra lemony flavour.
bedazzledjewels (819)7:31 pm, Thu 17 Dec #7

buzzy110, May 10, 5:27am
Or this:

This is "Mama's Cake" and is a delicious tiramisu done in a loaf tin, so it makes for easy slicing. Be warned, it is EXTREMELY rich. The recipe comes from a real Italian "Mama" and is quite delicious.
3/4 cup espresso coffee ( or very strong coffee)
1/4 cup rum
1/2 cup caster sugar
4 egg yolks
3/4 tub cream cheese at room temp
1 tsp vanilla essence ( use pure if you can)
2 1/2 cups cream
1 pkt digestive biscuits
1/4 cup cocoa ( I use a good quality Dutch "Blookers" cocoa)
Make coffee and allow to cool. Mix with the rum and set aside. Beat sugar & egg yolks together in a large bowl until light and creamy. Beat in the cream cheese until mixture is very smooth. In a clean bowl, beat together the cream and vanilla until mixture is of a thick, pouring consistency. Do NOT beat until it is like whipped cream.
Beat together the cream cheese mixture with cream until it is thick and spreadable. Line a loaf tin with plastic wrap or tinfoil ( usually use the foil) and smooth the edges out. Spread 1/5th of the mixture in bottom of tin. Quickly dip digestives in the coffee/rum mix and place a layer of biscuits on top of the cream mixture and sprinkle liberally with sifted cocoa. Repeat three layers, finishing with a layer of cream and cocoa. Refrigerate overrnight or minimum of 4 hours ( I prefer overnight for a firmer dessert which is easier to slice) Serve sliced with seasonal fruits
cookessentials (1016)3:26 pm, Fri 9 Apr #2

buzzy110, May 10, 5:29am
Or this:

rkcroft’s Tiramisu
1-11/2 pkts of sponge finger biscuits
2 eggs
1/4c caster sugar
1 1/2 cups espresso
1/4c rum
250gms mascarpone
250ml cream
grated dark chocolate (62% or greater)
Dutch processed cocoa
Mix rum in with coffee in a shallow dish and allow to cool a little. Beat together egg yolks & sugar for at least 3mins until pale & creamy. Gently beat in mascarpone until just mixed. In separate bowl, beat egg whites until medium peaks. In another bowl, whip cream. Gently fold the beaten egg whites and cream into mascarpone mix. Quickly dip sponge finger biscuits into the coffee mix and cover the bottom of a square or oblong serving dish.Cover with a layer of mascarpone mix then sprinkle over grated chocolate. Repeat layers again. Top with a generous dusting of cocoa and some chocolate curls if desired. Allow to sit in fridge for at least 12 hours before serving. I also use this recipe for the basis of a berry tiramisu. Replace the rum & coffee with vodka & cranberry juice and replace the dark chocolate with white chocolate. Add some fresh berries between the layers as well. Nice summer dish.
rkcroft (162)6:24 pm, Sat 10 Apr #14

buzzy110, May 10, 5:30am
Or this one again:

Someone asked for a goood tiramisu recipe. This is "Mama's Cake" and is a delicious tiramisu done in a loaf tin, so it makes for easy slicing. Be warned, it is EXTREMELY rich. The recipe comes from a real Italian "Mama" and is quite delicious.
3/4 cup espresso coffee ( or very strong coffee)
1/4 cup rum
1/2 cup caster sugar
4 egg yolks
3/4 tub cream cheese at room temp
1 tsp vanilla essence ( use pure if you can)
2 1/2 cups cream
1 pkt digestive biscuits
1/4 cup cocoa ( I use a good quality Dutch "Blookers" cocoa)
Make coffee and allow to cool. Mix with the rum and set aside. Beat sugar & egg yolks together in a large bowl until light and creamy. Beat in the cream cheese until mixture is very smooth. In a clean bowl, beat together the cream and vanilla until mixture is of a thick,pouring consistency. Do NOT beat until it is like whipped cream.
Beat together the cream cheese mixture with cream until it is thick and spreadable. Line a loaf tin with plastic wrap or tinfoil ( usually use the foil) and smooth the edges out. Spread 1/5th of the mixture in bottom of tin. Quickly dip digestives in the coffee/rum mix and place a layer of biscuits on top of the cream mixture and sprinkle liberally with sifted cocoa. Repeat three layers, finishing with a layer of cream and cocoa. Refrigerate overrnight or minimum of 4 hours ( I prefer overnight for a firmer dessert which is easier to slice) Serve sliced with seasonal fruits.

cookessentials (1016)9:05 am, Sun 14 Feb

buzzy110, May 10, 5:31am
Or maybe this one:

Here is a more classic recipe, which is delicious and not too heavy.
Tiramisu
4 tab rum
100 ml strong black coffee
2 tab brandy
16 - 20 sponge fingers (or equivalent sponge cake)
400g mascarpone
2 free range eggs, separated
4 tab icing sugar
100 g dark chocolate, grated
Mix 2 tab rum with coffee and brandy. Quickly dip sponge fingers in mixture (do not saturate) and lay in shallow serving dish.
Beat together the mascarpone, egg yolks, icing sugar and remaining rum. Whisk egg whites to soft peaks and fold into mascarpone mixture. Spoon over sponge, sprinkle with chocolate.
Refrigerate at least 8 hours. Will keep refrigerated several days.
davidt4 (125)9:23 am, Sun 14 Feb #2

buzzy110, May 10, 5:32am
And still another one:

This recipe was given to me from Argentina and is really nice with no alcohol, and thank you both cookessentials & davidt4 for your lovely recipes which l will be trying as well.
Tiramisu
6 Yolks eggs
200gms sugar
500gms cream cheese
orange peel
vanilla essence
24 sponge fingers
1 cup of a strong coffee (with sugar)
cinnamon
cocoa
Mix in a bowl which is sitting in pot of hot water, the yolks with sugar and the orange peel until all the mixture is dissolved then add the cream cheese.
Dunk the sponge fingers in the coffee, and put them on the bottom of a rectangular container.
Make a row of sponge fingers, one of cream, remembering that the last one must be off cream and dust with cocoa and cinnamon.

griffo4 (197)10:03 am, Sun 14 Feb #3

buzzy110, May 10, 5:33am
If the ones above don't grab your imagination, try this one:

Tiramisu Recipe
Tiramisu is probably my favourite dessert, and it's ridiculously easy to make. Seriously. A nice way to posh it up is to bake sponge cake and use that instead of sponge fingers, and then make it really neatly in a round or square cake tin, then slice it up, but I like it this way. More rustic. :)
Ingredients
* 4 eggs, separated
* 250g mascarpone
* 200g caster sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 cup freshly brewed, extra strong coffee (or 1 cup worth of espresso), cooled
* 2 tbsp liquer (I like using either Kahlua or Marsala)
* enough sponge fingers to line the base of your dish in two layers
* A small block of semi-sweet chocolate (about 1 oz should do)
This recipe made 10 ramekins worth, so it'll serve 10 as a really small dessert, or probably make 4-6 generous helpings. Combine the liquer into the espresso. Resist the urge to add more, since you really just want a hint of it - you don't want to get drunk on your dessert. Or maybe you do, in which case add the whole bottle. :
1. Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until pale and frothy. It should form ribbons when you pull the whisk through the mixture. Whisk in the mascarpone.
2. Use an electric mixer or standing mixer to whisk up the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold this into the egg yolk and mascarpone mixture.
3. Dip a sponge finger briefly (they fall apart if you soak them for too long) into the coffee and liquer mixture, then place it in the base of your dish. Repeat until the base is covered in one layer.
4. Spoon over the egg-and-cheese mix, using about half. Grate over some chocolate, then make another layer of sponge fingers, and another layer of egg-and-cheese. Grate the rest of the chocolate over, or dust with cocoa powder.
5. Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours or for up to one day, then serve! Easy peasy, just like I told you.
Note: If you want, you can use a smaller, higher-sided dish and make many layers. I chose to do simple two-layered ones in ramekins for easy serving.

theanimal1 (65)4:25 pm, Sat 27 Feb #21

buzzy110, May 10, 5:37am
Thanks to this thread I have been alerted to the fact that we ALL love tiramisu and there just cannot be too many recipes. There are many more recipes, all posted in the last 6 months. Some are even repeated on more than one occassion.

Bon appetite (or however it is spelt)

Who would like some more!

cookessentials, Sep 8, 10:20pm
Tamarillo Tiramisu

3 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup coffee liqueur
10 ounces ( 280 gms) cream cheese
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
sponge cake
1 1/2 cups tamarillo pulp
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Beat egg yolks with sugar and coffee liqueur over warm water until light. Cool.

Slowly beat the cream cheese and beat into the egg mixture. Whip the cream and add the vanilla essence. Fold into the egg yolk mixture.Trim the sponge cake to fit bowl or wine glass. Place one layer of sponge in the bottom.Cover with one third tamarillo pulp and one third cream mixture. Repeat layers twice then sprinkle the top with cocoa or carob. Chill before serving

bisloy, Sep 9, 10:30am
My goodness! Some people have been very busy. Have all these recipies been tried!

cookessentials, Sep 9, 9:30pm
Yes bisloy - you will see that they have as buzzy110 was so kind to copy and paste them from othert threads.you will see the names of who ever has offered them either at the top or the bottom of the recipe. I have made the tiramisu slab and I must say it is very nice, however it is very rich. The "Mama's Cake" certainly has been made by me since about 1992 and a number of others have since tried it. Have yet to make the tamarillo and the mano and passionfruit ones. I did a beautiful "Mangomisu" last Christmas from the "Delicious" magazine, it was featured on the front cover. It was lovely and I was lucky enough to be able to buy three Australian mangoes at the time which made it even better. it has vanilla bean paste in it and cointreau along with fresh mangoes and mascarppone.

purplegoanna, Sep 9, 9:49pm
OMG to many recipes for one of my favs'''''&-
#39;'''''&-
#39;''

purplegoanna, Sep 9, 10:40pm
illl have to .trying a low carb diet a the mo.but hey always room for a tiramiyumyum.

bedazzledjewels, Sep 9, 11:00pm
Cooks - did you try any good tiramisu while you were in Melbourne! Should be the genuine article over there!

marie74, Dec 22, 10:14am
yummy with such an assortment I am now even more confused as to which one to make.But determined to have a go for xmas. Wish me luck this will be something new.

elliehen, Dec 22, 10:26am
Good Luck!

Chef: Ruth Pretty as heard on Nine To Noon Monday 19 December 2011
(Serves 15 to 20)

Amaretto, an almond flavoured liqueur, is known as the liqueur of love. Ladyfinger biscuits may be found in speciality section of a supermarket or at a speciality food shop. These dry sponge-like biscuits are rusk-shaped.

Amaretto and Sweet Cherry Tiramisu
(can be made up to three days in advance)

300ml (1 cup + 3 tbsp + 1 tsp) Amaretto
100g (1/3 cup) sugar
80ml (5 tbsp + 1 tsp) water
1kg (4 cups) mascarpone
30ml (2 tbsp) Amaretto
1 ½ tsp almond extract or essence
4 egg whites
100g (1/2 cup less 2 tsp) castor sugar
18 ladyfinger biscuits
Sweet Cherry Compote
10g (1 tbsp + 2/3 tsp) gelatine powder

Method

To make Amaretto syrup: Pour first measure Amaretto into a small pot and add sugar and water. Place over a low heat and stir till sugar is dissolved. Increase heat and simmer for 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.

Into a bowl place mascarpone, second measure Amaretto and almond extract and whisk till creamy and smooth.

In bowl of electric mixer fitted with a whisk place egg whites and whisk till just fluffy. Add castor sugar and whisk till shiny and stiff. Fold one-third of the beaten egg whites into mascarpone and mix till entirely combined and mascarpone is light. Add remaining egg white mixture and fold in till just combined.

Carefully spoon half mascarpone mixture into your serving bowl and using a spatula evenly spread.

Take half of ladyfingers, quickly dip both sides into Amaretto syrup and place on top of mascarpone, cutting some to fill gaps.

Strain Sweet Cherry Compote. Reserve cherries and syrup separately.

Evenly spoon half the cherries on top of ladyfingers and slowly drizzle 50ml of the syrup evenly over cherries.

Top with second half of mascarpone mixture and use a spatula to smooth out.

Take remaining ladyfingers, quickly dip and place on mascarpone.

Place remaining cherries on top and drizzle 50ml of syrup over the cherries.

Place in refrigerator while you make the jelly topping.

To make jelly: Pour remaining syrup into a jug and measure 500ml (2 cups).

Pour 30ml of measured syrup into a small bowl and sprinkle gelatine over the top. Stir well and set aside for 10 minutes or till gelatine has absorbed syrup.

Pour remaining syrup into a small pot and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and leave to sit for 2-3 minutes. Pour into bowl. Add gelatine and stir till gelatine is dissolved.

Place in refrigerator for 20-40 minutes, stirring 3-4 times to encourage even cooling till nearly set.

Slowly pour half of the jelly over the top layer of cherries, filling all gaps. Gently shake bowl to settle jelly. Pour in remaining jelly to make a smooth top layer.

Return to refrigerator to set overnight.

gerry64, Dec 23, 6:21am
cookes - I have already bought some savoiardi biscuits - but like the sound of Mamas recipe in the loaf tin - could I susbsititute these for the digestive biscuits do you think