Almond cinnamon biscuit recipe

kuaka, Jan 26, 10:50am
I'm just wondering what this recipe would be like.It looks good in the picture but the method is a bit unusual.Has anyone ever made biscuits like this, and if so, what are they like.

125g butter
1/3 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp grated lemon rind
1 1/4 cups plain flour
60g blanched almonds
1/3 cup castor sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Hard boil two of the eggs.Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.Add sieved hard boiled eggs and lemon rind.(this seems a bit odd to me)

Separate remaining egg, add egg yolk to creamed mixture, beat well.Fold in sifted flour, mix to a firm dough.Beat egg white until soft peaks form.Combine chopped almonds, caster sugar and cinnamon.

Roll tablespoonfuls of biscuit mixture into 6 cm lengths.Spread top of each biscuit with egg white, then press top in the almond-sugar mixture.Place biscuits on greased oven trays, bake in moderate oven 10 to 16 minutes.

Anyone like to comment please!

maximus44, Jan 26, 7:42pm
I haven't heard of putting hard boiled eggs into biscuits. But someone else may have. I love reading recipes too and have never come across this. It will be interesting to see other comments you may get.

kuaka, Jan 26, 8:08pm
Thanks, I'm very curious, not sure whether I want to try them unless someone can explain what effect this method has on the biscuits, as I say, they do look lovely in the picture.

davidt4, Jan 26, 10:22pm
Are you sure that the whole of the hard boiled eggs is sieved and added!I have seen many biscuit recipes involving hard boiled egg yolks but never the whites as well.

kuaka, Jan 26, 10:52pm
Well that's what the recipe says.Hard boil two of the eggs and and sieved hard boiled eggs and lemon rind to the creamed butter and sugar.Doesn't mention not using the whites.I just find it a bit odd and wonder what it does to the texture of the biscuit.If nobody can enlighten me, I might just have to try it, but it will have to wait till after my next grocery shop as I don't have any almonds.

davidt4, Jan 26, 11:06pm
Adding sieved hard boiled egg yolks gives the biscuits a very short texture, like a crumbly shortbread, and obviously it adds flavour.

(edited to add)Here's a link to a discussion about this.

http://food52.com/blog/3564_james_beards_strawberry_shortcakes

kuaka, Jan 27, 12:47am
Oh okay, thanks for that.I might try it later in the week then.

kuaka, Mar 11, 7:11am
I must admit, it took me a while to get around to making these, and despite the fact that there was quite a bit of faffing around making them, they are absolutely delicious - I would venture to say, they are well worth the effort.Very short, very moreish.